Handle bar risers

Jonathan

Reaction score
Visit site
I was on twisted throttle today and I saw two different handlebar risers. One was just a riser and the other one was a riser/barback. I was wondering if the riser/barback was worth the extra $50. Any help would be great.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I initially put a 1" riser on, helped but not enough for me (I'm 51, 5'8). Ended up getting the riser with the set back, considerably more comfy (at least for myself). http://www.zianet.com/genmar/

With thre riser/setbacks, I had to do some re-adjusting the stock front brake lines as they were getting taught (but did fit). I've since put entended HEL SS braided lines on the front (major improvement!). With the extra space now upfront, I made up an aluminum bracket for mounting my GPS. Tucks in there very nicely...

Last edited:

Dino

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the risers with barbacks and I like them. Can't compare them to risers only, but I felt it was worth the extra money. The stock Yamaha logo cap wouldn't fit back on so you'll be putting that in a drawer.

Woe257

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the risers that are up and back. It's not much or really noticable in the looks of the bike but it makes a big difference in comfort. If you need or want risers, most would want the setbacks as well.

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
I've seen this question come up a number of times, and it puzzles me somewhat......

One of the things about the FZ6 that I appreciated so much, was that you could buy any 7/8" tubular handlebar you wanted, and mount that up.

If the OEM bar is too low and not far enough 'back' to suit..... why not buy different bars all together?

Seems most folks also change out their grips at some point, so that's not really a valid condition.....

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I've seen this question come up a number of times, and it puzzles me somewhat......

One of the things about the FZ6 that I appreciated so much, was that you could buy any 7/8" tubular handlebar you wanted, and mount that up.

If the OEM bar is too low and not far enough 'back' to suit..... why not buy different bars all together?

Seems most folks also change out their grips at some point, so that's not really a valid condition.....

Part of the problem with that is that most no one carries black bars (or any bars) in stock. I won't order those over the internet without knowing the rise, set back, ANGLE of the ends, etc as they vary greatly. I personally, would need to feel the ends of the bars. With the risers, you can make a minor adjustment very easily. I also liked the angles/width of the stock bars. In my case, with the additional space now there, I made up a custom, very neat, GPS mount. I can see ALL my gauges, the GPS is centered and it looks like it belongs there. Should I sell the bike, the change is very easily reversable.

As a side note, I have a set of straigt up Gen Mar risers collecting dust. PM me if anyones interested and we can work out something...

Scott

Last edited: