Headlamp Mods

TJ Rehm

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought a New 2009, FZ6. I am new to this style of bike but absolutely love it. The only thing I am wondering is..... is there a way to modify the headlights so that they both work. During the daylight, I use the brights, but at night, I dont care for the single light illumination.
I am assuming new parts will be required, but I was hoping someone would have the details.

Thanks.

bd43's Dual headlight mod is the way to go. Easy to install, and a professionally put together connecting cable. Lots of people on here have it! :thumbup:

Guys, one question, is there any reason why this isn't done in fabrication? I'm guessing maybe alternator is to week? Guys, you that done this mod, all running well with you battery? I'm having doubts if alternator can charge it like it should...

THNX!!!

Guys, one question, is there any reason why this isn't done in fabrication? I'm guessing maybe alternator is to week? Guys, you that done this mod, all running well with you battery? I'm having doubts if alternator can charge it like it should...

THNX!!!

I have no idea why they didn't do this in fabrication; there have been arguments made that it makes they bike more visible, or that it was a cost saving measure... who really knows for sure? The FZ6 does have a pretty weak alt. It has (according to Powerlet) ~22 Watts of available energy (or enough to charge a laptop, or power heated gloves). I have had this on my bike for a month or two now, and have not had any issues, nor have I heard of anyone else on here having any.

Hope this helps!

ive had my fz6 for two months now and have put 3k miles on it. the previous owner did the two headlight mod and neither of us report any battery problems. alot of my riding is in rush hour traffic where the fan kicks on too, so it must have enough juice to make it work.

wolfe, i am in love with your avatar pic:thumbup:

Guys, thanks for all the info. I have done web searches, but had not been sure about the info... I knew I'd be able to rely on other FZ6 owners.
Thanks again.

PS. Wolfe, Love the Breast Cancer Awareness Avatar...support is important.:D

Back