Headlight Suggestions

spanz

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought a 2007 FZ6 (blue) in 2013. I LOVE the bike. The previous owner made it into a naked bike. I love the look. The picture included is the headlight mod that he chose. While I like the look, he wired it incorrectly. I had the wiring repaired, although it had already melted the interior of the housing. When it was functional, the light was never bright enough, and I was thankful when I had a car or truck with real headlights behind me.

Vlcrheadlight-fairing-turn-signals-streetfighter-universal.jpg

That being said, due to an unfortunate mishap in my garage the dim headlight bulbs are now burnt out and melted into the housing, I need new new headlights. I have LED turn signals that I like, so I just need headlights.

I have looked online, and NOTHING talks about the intensity or effectiveness of the lights.

What suggestions do people have?
Was it easy to install?
Pics would be GREAT!!

megatronixs

Reaction score
Visit site
I would do it cheap just to be back on the road, cause i enjoy my bike. :rockon:

Find an old harley headlight, a single fat round one slap it on with some clamps that grab the fork tubes and jam on!

spanz

Reaction score
Visit site
So as for HID's, I could go that route, but I am not sure that it would be the best option.

In mean time, I am back on the road. The previous owner also gave me all of the stock parts from when he did the conversion. I was able to re-attach enough of the original parts (and undo a BUNCH of screwed up wiring) to get it road worthy.

Now at this point, I am just trying to figure out what looks are available for the FZ6 as a naked bike.

I saw the post:

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-streetfighter/29382-poor-mans-0-dollar-streetfighter-mod.html

The look is good, but I think it is a bit to close to the original for my taste.

I know that I am sounding very wishy-washy, but I just don't know what all the options are. I would prefer to make the next change a final one.

On a scale of 1 - 5
Do the headlights through enough lumins?
Do you get any type of wind protection?

I have seen,
1) the demon look that I had. (2, 2)
2) The original fairings (5, 5)
3) VS01 (?, ?)
4) VS02 (?, ?)
5) The half naked/half original fairings listed above (5, ?)

What else have people tried and liked?