Hello, new girl here from Berkshire, England

cupcake

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everyone,

My name's Sadie and I live in Berkshire, England. Been riding bikes since 1996 and have ridden/owned a few over the years (including Harley!)

Recently got rid of a VFR800 that I only had for a few months cos I just didn't like it. Ended up back with Yamaha as I often do and got me a 2004 FZ6, silver & black.

Have lowered it to accommodate my small self and I absolutely love it. It's even better than the XJ6 I had last year :bow:

I have added some pics of my toys in my own albums if anyone wishes to see more :thumbup:

Looking forward to being part of the crowd here :rockon:

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: to the forum Sadie, nice pics of your bikes & cars in your album :thumbup: you can find a lot of good info here, have fun.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: Sadie!

Very nice toy collection! Glad to see you appear to be over the traumatic experience of Harley ownership Blah

jk :D

cupcake

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks everyone for the lovely welcomes. I'm glad to add to the numbers and also to the female community. As you were all so kind to post your messages, I took the time to reply to a few... :thumbup:

Hey Sadie,
Where in Berkshire are you?! I'm moving to Sunninghill!
Nice bike, and here's a link to mod no.2
Yamaha fz6 fazer s2 Tail Tidy kit | eBay
Dave

Hi Dave,

I'm in Bracknell (not by choice as I hate the place!) so only down the road from Sunninghill. You must be very rich to be moving there! :bow: :D

I have a scottoiler mounted to the back of the number plate (previous owner put it there for some reason) so I don't know if a tail tidy will work with that setup. I guess it would mean moving the oiler - and that's a job for another day! Getting Delkevics fitted tomorrow - that's first priority ;)

Then the rear tyre needs sorting as its very gradually deflating, so tail tidy will have to wait a while yet :(

Howdy! Good variety of bikes there. Love them FZRs.

Mine was old, but it was a fabulous bike. I absolutely loved it - the second best bike I've ridden - the best is the FZ6 of course!

Welcome to the jungle!

2004 is the best FZ, pity it's not blue though :spank:

That VFR looks WAAY too big for you, no wonder you got rid of it!

I did look at a blue one, but I'm quite happy with silver & black ;)

And yes, I am small and even though I lowered the VFR, it was just too bulky and heavy for me in the end. Nice while it was moving quickly, but anything below 40mph or just getting in and out of the garage was a nightmare. Horrible riding position, horrible steering, horrible brakes, expensive to service and too many electrical gremlins in that model for my liking. Did just 190 (not very enjoyable) miles on it in 3 months. Silly impulse purchase, but sold it for what I paid so not all bad in the end

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm in Bracknell (not by choice as I hate the place!) so only down the road from Sunninghill. You must be very rich to be moving there!

I had a couple of friends who lived in Bracknell several years ago on opposite ends of the biking spectrum, one had an SV650 and the other now lives in Milton Keynes and has an MV Agusta F4.

Sunninghill is quite an upmarket area here too LOL

Y

yourebarred

Well, I'll let you know if the sale goes through Sadie, as I'll be needing tips for stuff like which garage to use etc.
Good luck with the exhausts

FZDave

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome Sadie!
I'm new here too! I hope you like it as much as I do. There is a bunch of smart people here... Beauty of course is in the eye of the beholder, I'll let such judgements be left to you! It is sunny and warm here in Las Vegas, how is the weather on your side of the pond?

FZDave

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
After you get some time on it, let us know if you're happy with the lowered suspension. Some are content with how it is (guessing its all OEM parts), others are not. i.e. fork tubes are slid up the triple / rear gets a shorter end mount.
So if you would, please post up what was done to lower it! Thanks

Oh and Welcome to the forum!

52pickup

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello from New York Sadie! Would you marry me? :eek:I know the others are thinking it.. I just want to be the to say it out loud:thumbup:

cupcake

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome Sadie!
I'm new here too! I hope you like it as much as I do. There is a bunch of smart people here... Beauty of course is in the eye of the beholder, I'll let such judgements be left to you! It is sunny and warm here in Las Vegas, how is the weather on your side of the pond?

FZDave

Hi Dave,
I love Vegas - great place as a tourist. Can't comment on what it's like to live there though. Weather here is nothing like yours, although we've been lucky and had some warm and sunny weeks this summer. Bit changeable now though with a few showers around lately. At least it's better than last year

After you get some time on it, let us know if you're happy with the lowered suspension. Some are content with how it is (guessing its all OEM parts), others are not. i.e. fork tubes are slid up the triple / rear gets a shorter end mount.
So if you would, please post up what was done to lower it! Thanks

Oh and Welcome to the forum!

I'm very happy with the lowered suspension. I put an MFW shock-mounted lowering link on the back - or rather my mechanic did it. He had real trouble with it as the bushing that goes through the swingarm and the bottom shock mount were completely stuck (common on these apparently). He had to put some serious heat on it to get it to budge. But once that was done he said it was straightfoward and the result is lower by about 35mm.

Didn't do the front (fork tubes) as he said I should try it as it is and if needed, he could always slide the forks up through the yoke at a later date. I still haven't needed it doing as I find the setup now just right.

Hello from New York Sadie! Would you marry me? :eek:I know the others are thinking it.. I just want to be the to say it out loud:thumbup:

Aww that's very sweet and a very kind offer, but I'm already spoken for :blowkiss: