• Gradient, whatever color that is!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
I keep whichever shield I'm not using in my saddlebags for when it gets dark out. But not having to wear sunglasses is a blessing! SO much more comfy. I did it for the utility, but the style points were a bonus.

ANLR21

Master Blaster
Reaction score
Visit site
I have 2 helmets, and keep one with the dark smoke for daytime, the other with the clear for night.

Yes, I've occasionally been caught out with the wrong one, but when in doubt, I take the clear and keep some dark shades with me. The bright sun and glare really kills me

squirly

Reaction score
Visit site
we both have mirrored for days (he has blue and i have pink) and clear for night we love the mirrored ones it really helps block the bright sun even at dusk!!!

psnbye

I used to be Jethro
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a Schubert S1 helmet, with a retractable darker screen inside. That is totally awesome, never want a helmet without one anymore!

s1_matt_black_large.jpg

Thats a cool lid, I went with the silver mirror for the mystery factor;)

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I use a clear all the time and just wear sunnies underneath,then I just take off the glasses when it gets dark..Around town my visor is up most of the time anyways..........I hate the closed in feeling and I like the wind in my face.

Capo79

Viking spirit
Reaction score
Visit site
Around here where I live, there are a few tunnels I have to pass in order to get to work. Therefore, I opted for a helmet with a retractable inner shield, very similar to the Schubert helmet:

g00101.jpg

Last edited:

Luiz

Reaction score
Visit site
I just bought a Dark Smoke Face Shield at cycle trader for $42. I love it already. I will change it to clear at night though.

goker

------------
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have pin-lock system and light smoke shield which works fine day or night. I always wear glasses as well and just change out the lenses on my glasses (much smaller to carry around than extra shield) if I am riding at night and want to have my shield up for slower in-town rides.

CZAR357

Reaction score
Visit site
I have pin-lock system and light smoke shield which works fine day or night. I always wear glasses as well and just change out the lenses on my glasses (much smaller to carry around than extra shield) if I am riding at night and want to have my shield up for slower in-town rides.

Thats a good idea. I have still been debating what to do and I think I may have solved my issue. I want to get either the silver mirror or dark smoke but dont want to have to have the face shield down all the time. That is where these might come in handy. Freedom 24 - Black This would allow a face shield to be down and the glasses to be close to clear but when you need some extra fresh air you can put it up and then they turn to sunglasses. What do you guys think?

pottie

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I had 2 shield since 1 of it for my wife...we share shield....:rockon:
During winter time I use Blue shield and summer Smoke shield.
The blue shield quite natural color that gave me calm and cool feelin during summer and when come night time is still work not as bad as Smoke one.
I tried Yellow shield last week from my buddy and I cant stand at all during the day cz gave me dizzy feelin during the day..At night it work very nice.
Good luck..:thumbup:

goker

------------
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thats a good idea. I have still been debating what to do and I think I may have solved my issue. I want to get either the silver mirror or dark smoke but dont want to have to have the face shield down all the time. That is where these might come in handy. Freedom 24 - Black This would allow a face shield to be down and the glasses to be close to clear but when you need some extra fresh air you can put it up and then they turn to sunglasses. What do you guys think?

This is what I have Wiley X | Motorcycle Goggles - Sg-1 It fits my face pretty good. It has both regular temples and straps. They have other models and you can get transitional lenses for them. One thing you want to look for is to make sure it has anti-fog coating. Also check out and make sure its frame fits your face fairly closely. Otherwise you get a lot of turbulence around your eyes while you are riding with your shield up which actually makes it harder to see.