Votes: 38 30.9%
  • Gradient, whatever color that is!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CZAR357

Reaction score
Visit site
I have been debating whether to get a face shield or not. Just looking for some feedback. Pros and cons or any oppinions are appreciated. I have a HJC CS-R1 Paradox in silver just in case you wanted to see it.

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
I kept the clear and use the dark smoke on sunny days. It's nice to cut back on some of that bright sun at elevations. It only takes a couple of seconds to replace, so no big deal.
It's fine in adverse weather. But it does suck when you get caught out at night with the dark smoke though....

Hollywood416

Reaction score
Visit site
I just recently bought a dark smoke screen and have to say I love it. I always have a pair of clear glasses in my tank bag incase I get caught at nightfall. I get bad headaches from the sun if caught out w/o sunglasses or even with them on long rides so the sheild helped me alot. From what I know of the mirrored sheilds is just that they scratch up real easy which is why I went with the smoke.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Here in Las Vegas, during the summer it can get up to the mid triple digit teens, a dark smoke or mirrored visor is kind of a requirement because the heat is so intense, having a clear shield will literally scorch your face from the blazing sun. I always have clear saftey goggles/glasses for night riding.

Last edited:

dean2287

Easy Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
I got a silver mirror for daytime, clear for night. I found the silverized screen very comfortable on the eyes and provides good vision as well.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a clear visor for night, and either an Iridium, or smoked visor for daytime...i dont stress about swapping them out, cause i normally carry both when riding...i have an Oxford bum bag, with a visor pocket in it, to carry a second visor...very handy thing to have.

:thumbup:

B

bluenova

I have a blue mirror, it's fantastic in the sun, I can see very clearly with no flare. Even when there is no sun I can still see clearer with it than with my clear visor. The only problem is when it gets wet everything goes fuzzy, not fun at all. For that reason I also carry my clear visor on long trips.

Mississippi

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a dark smoke and a clear visor. The dark smoke is great at day time conditions, and a quick change to the clear at night.

I also have a blue mirror visor. I liked it a lot, but it was not as dark as the dark smoke, but I still had to change it at night to see.

Oscar54

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I use the two visor system, gold mirror in the day, clear at night.

The gold is not too dark and works fine unless you're driving into the sun in the mornings, then the dark smoke would probably be better.

However, if you get caught driving at night without having the clear shield, the visibility is still good with the gold.

Tremulant

It's not over...
Reaction score
Visit site
I opted for the mirrored finish because I think my face looks dumb all squished up in my helmet, and it's much more mysterious for people to not be able to see my face! :D But seriously, I just think it looks cooler :thumbup:

kellybt1052

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a scorpion Helmet, Clear for night (commuting in the morning and night runs) and dark smoke for daytime riding. Takes about 15 seconds to change them out and I usually carry both if I am giong to get caught out late.

clockworkjon

SUCKERS!
Reaction score
Visit site
Go with dark smoke. I assume most of your riding is done in daylight, and even when its not really bright (like an overcast day) its still ok to use. When I know I'm going to be out for a while I keep my clear visor in my tank bag and swap if I need to.

I started with just a clear visor and sun glasses but that just sucks.

mastakilla

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a Schubert S1 helmet, with a retractable darker screen inside. That is totally awesome, never want a helmet without one anymore!

s1_matt_black_large.jpg

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i personally would not change it from the clear since i ride all day and into the night sometimes and would have no place to put the clear while using the smoked all day.

I am going to do something like the Fog City Hyper Optiks insert. it makes fogging next to disappear AND auto tints with the sunlight. I had a fog city tinted insert on one of my old helmets and the fog prevention was awesome, but since it was tinted i couldn't see anything at night. So this will be one of my next purchases:

0000_Fog_City_Hyper_Optiks_Visor_Inserts_Mint_Green.jpg

clockworkjon

SUCKERS!
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a Schubert S1 helmet, with a retractable darker screen inside. That is totally awesome, never want a helmet without one anymore!

I love how Schuberth's look, but they don't sell them anywhere near me. I'd love to try one on. I tried the Shoei and Scorpion with the built in screen and didn't like it, but the Schuberth's shape looks a little more compatible with my face.

Cuba

Reaction score
Visit site
Dark smoke night and day. Although night sucks. KBC race helmets have a different attachment for the standard clear and the dark smoke visor, which if you ask me is really, really stupid. Carrying clear goggles sounds like a good idea thanks.

CZAR357

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like dark smoke is the way to go. I don't plan on riding at night but if I think it might happen I'll be sure to keep the clear with me. Those fog city inserts are cool but im not to sure about them. I don't want to spend $40 for something like that when I am not sure they will even work. Thanks for the input!