Help! Do you appreciate input from the forum?

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
As noted above, I'll click "Thanks" as appropriate (which is the majority of the time).

Sometimes entertaining, more so, I enjoy learning in area's I'm not familar with .

This is by far, IMHO, about the most helpfull and friendly forum, period..

*Maybe, maybe not related... Its occasional that folks try to help out another, have mullti page posts trying to solve a problem, BUT, NEVER hear the outcome or what actually solved the problem. Its not often, however, I personally wish the original poster would post what actually fixed the bike so the rest of us (at least myself) could learn... Heck, he'd get a "Thanks" him/herself!!...
That is a very good point, quite often the OP enters the ether of the inter web leaving many wondering about the outcome.

Nelly

PS as soon as my hanger issue is rectified I will post up what occurred.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
That is a very good point, quite often the OP enters the ether of the inter web leaving many wondering about the outcome.

Nelly

PS as soon as my hanger issue is rectified I will post up what occurred.

Yeah I know the type...They're called, "Tech Teasers!" :p

Susan

That Romance Author Lady
Reaction score
Visit site
Once I figured out the Thanks button, I started wishing other forums would add one. Gosh, I like this forum. You guys are awesomely helpful. :)

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Once I figured out the Thanks button, I started wishing other forums would add one. Gosh, I like this forum. You guys are awesomely helpful. :)

Matter of fact you bumped a Rep my way for the Pod light install! ~ you ever get that done?

Susan

That Romance Author Lady
Reaction score
Visit site
Matter of fact you bumped a Rep my way for the Pod light install! ~ you ever get that done?

I did? :D Was that the brighter headlight? There are so many cool how-tos here. I haven't braved the electrical part of my bike at all. Yet.

One thing I did do, per instructions I found here, was lower the shift lever. Baby steps. :)

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
^^
I can expect it from the conversion threads from 450cc to 600cc quads. . . It's a given! :eek:

pookamatic

Reaction score
Visit site
One thing this forum is lacking (or I haven't really looked... Don't judge me :)), is proper compilation stickies. You know, ones where the OP edits the original post with clear concise knowledge on specific topics.

wolfe1down

Go hard or go home!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I use the thanks button, and will give rep for an extremely useful or very helpful post (even if it's in response to another persons question). I find the rep system doesn't allow the giving of rep to the same person often, even though there are several people on here that go above and beyond to help solve peoples problems and deserve multiple rep points...

Sent from my SAMSUNG GALAXY S2 INFUSE using Tapatalk 2

2006_FZ6

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This is great forum but it has made me spend more money than I should have on my bike! :BLAA:

Everyone is so friendly and helpful. Glad I have a Fizzer. SO THANKS!!!

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
*Maybe, maybe not related... Its occasional that folks try to help out another, have mullti page posts trying to solve a problem, BUT, NEVER hear the outcome or what actually solved the problem. Its not often, however, I personally wish the original poster would post what actually fixed the bike so the rest of us (at least myself) could learn... Heck, he'd get a "Thanks" him/herself!!...

Great point there, makes the whole forum an even better "learning tool".

*Runs off to check I updated my error problems in the tech forum...lol... Edit... crap.. post now updated :spank:

:rockon:

Last edited:

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Vote for Sticky as most seem to visit the "General Discussion". . . :thumbup:

why_not_Zoidberg?

Reaction score
Visit site
If they solved my problem, or lead me in the right direction to solving, I take the time to post up a thank you, and saying they solved it. If they tried to help, but it wasn't the problem/didn't fix it, I hit the thanks button.

Poot

Thank God ^ was there!
Reaction score
Visit site
If I find anything remotely useful in someone's post then they deserve the thanks button. For me, a reply to the thread is mandatory too so that the person who posted to HOWTO / Pictures / Interesting Article etc... knows that people are actually looking at their post.

I have used soooooo many tips / points for installing things on the bike, or making mods.

It is also great to look at some nice bike pictures so I usually throw a thanks for those too!

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
A friendly reminder that people going out of their way to help you in your thread solve your problem would likely appreciate a "Thanks".

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site
if a reply is on topic and i agree/find it helpful i give a "thank"

if i think i might be of help i reply.

ive never really fooled with the rep stuff, and i dont really get how exactly it works. i just notice that every once in a while i have more than i did.... which would make sense.

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
My bike wouldn't be near as much fun without you guys.:cheer:

My headers would look like crap.:BLAA:

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Time for Bump!

The title pretty much says it all. If someone puts in basic effort to help solve a problem you posted about, do you reply and say "thanks", push the "Thanks" button OR just move on?

Lets keep the community healthy by showing appreciation (even if their response doesn't solve your problem)!

Regards,
FI

Tags:
HELP, repair, remove, replace, fix, broke, abnormal, stall, quit, died, won't start, idle, vibration, dead battery, won't charge, what is this part, tire wear, steer, exhaust, MPG, blinker rate, LED, oil, throttle, sync, forks, spring, service manual. . . blah blah blah

cupcake

Reaction score
Visit site
Oh I'm glad you bumped this post up - hadn't come across the thanks thing yet. Will make sure I hit the button from now on when some lovely people come and help me out etc. :thumbup: