Help finding O2 sensor connector (PC V)

rtw

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi All,

I have an 06 (blue) that I bought used about a year ago. Great bike.

Thanks to this group, I did a couple of mods over the summer:

1) PC V
2) Scorpion exhaust

When I installed these items, I disconnected what I thought was the 02 sensor under the tank. However, during a recent safety inspection, my rear brake light sensor was not working (failed inspection). Following wires and so forth, I realized that I had disconnected the rear brake sensor (brown clip) rather than the 02 sensor. I have been poking around under the tank, and for the life of me, I cannot find the O2 sensor.

I tried following the pipe and looking for the wire there, but cannot find that either. Perhaps the previous owner removed the 02 sensor but did no other mods to this bike (strange)?

Anyway, I have also found two white clips that are not connected (bottom middle and right in the picture below), but have black caps covering metal connectors (connecting all wires) underneath. These each have five wires, and thus I am thinking they are not the 02 sensors? Also, removing those metal clips results in the bike not starting (will not kick over). Does anyone know what these clips are?

I found another white connector (top right, near brown rear brake sensor) that appears to be the gear indicator.

A couple of questions:

1) Exactly where on the pipe would I find the 02 sensor (or empty hole that should contain it)? Is it directly under the engine, in the CC area, or was it in the muffler?

2) In the attached picture, can someone point me to the area where the 02 sensor clip should be so that I can ensure that it's disconnected?

Thanks again for all the great help from this group!

RTW

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
It will be a square connector.
It has 4 wires.

1 pink with a white tracer
1 black with a blue tracer
1 red with a white tracer
1 grey with a green tracer
:)

It may be in the large rubber boot...

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Counting down weeks and days may place your VIN in a group that HAS an O2 sensor in 2006.
- However, the NORM is that this model year in the US does NOT have an O2 sensor as it didn't begin until 2007!

If it did, it would start life down here like so!
picture.php

This is an 08, the plug is black, comes up from the right side and is currently under the ECM wire plug.
DSC_7969_zpsb3a3ad1b.jpg

picture.php

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
As for the plug with the aluminum conductor - I suspect in other areas thats the starter interlock for the immobilizer circuit.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Counting down weeks and days may place your VIN in a group that HAS an O2 sensor in 2006.
- However, the NORM is that this model year in the US does NOT have an O2 sensor as it didn't begin until 2007!

Lol! I didn't look at the year of his bike!