Hi, new owner in Southern Utah

nigelcorn

Reaction score
Visit site
Last night, I drove my KLR 650 down to Las Vegas, met up with 3 guys, and did a little swap where I drove home with a 2005 FZ6. It is in great shape, with only a couple little nicks. It also came with the M4 carbon exhaust. I'm not sure I like the extra noise, but maybe that will grow on me.

Here is the obligatory pic of my new bike:
oh7k07.jpg

Immediately after picking up the new bike, I gassed it up, got on the freeway, and rode it 120 miles home. It is amazing what a difference. I rode a dual sport down there, so I knew it would be different, but I was very impressed. My two previous bikes were a KLR 650 and a Ninja 250, so this amazed me. I looked down at the speedo and was going over 100 one time without even realizing it or meaning to. I am impressed with how smooth it is, even at speed.

Anyway, looking forward to learning more about the bike and putting a LOT of miles on it (I will put probably 10,000 this year just in business trips once a month, plus I almost never drive anymore).

Let me know of any "must do" mods for my bike!

mpb218

Reaction score
Visit site
I'll say it and get it out of the way... SLIDERS!!!

OK done.

Congrats on the bike!! What look are you going for? A fender eliminator might be in order, signals, windscreen, etc. Have fun with it!

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: and congrats! Nice trade up!

The two above hit my first suggestions. Being an '05, do you know if the previous owner had the TPS recall work done?

Ride safe!

nigelcorn

Reaction score
Visit site
I have maintenance records from the previous 2 owners. I don't know anything about the TPS recall. I assume it was done because it was in to the dealer for the 6k (or 8k I don't remember) service.

Is there any way to tell if it has been done or not?

As far as mods go, I haven't decided exactly what I want to do yet. I will use it mostly as my everyday commuter, but I want to do some light touring on it (800 mile round trip, once per month). I think the first mods will be sliders and some sort of luggage for it. I am also thinking about getting a stock exhaust back on so it will be quieter.

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
welcome to the forum :welcome:.

as for mods.. definitly look to a new seat if you are going to do some big miles.. maybe a new windscreen too.. sliders are a must...

enjoy the bike and ride safe :thumbup:

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Any Yamaha dealer should be able to look up your bike's history for any work done by a Yamaha dealership. It's all in their computer system.
Oh Boy, the grand staircase will be fun on your FZ.

Tremulant

It's not over...
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome! And congrats on the new bike! It's nice to have another Utah rider in the ranks :thumbup:

BTW, if you want to trade for my stock exhaust, just let me know ;) It's much quieter!

dean2287

Easy Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: from :canada:

Nice lookin bike there, I'm sure you'll love it.. the exhaust will grow on you.

smokenu

rubber side down
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: great looking FZ6!!!

keep the rubber side down:eek:
that's alot of miles you'll be on the road,
make sure you get some gear!

BE SAFE

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome,

I think you're bike use to belonged to another forum member who sold it to a local guy which I don't think ever joined the forum, then I think he sold it to you. He had a 2005 FZ6, blue with the M4 Exhaust. I'm pretty sure it's the same bike.

idanny

Reaction score
www.minutehound.com
Here is a pic of the bike from a year ago. Was the guy you bought it from named mark? I believe that was his name. I sold it to him about 9 months ago. This bike was always very well taken care of. Great buy. I put the m4 exhaust on after the pic on the left. the pic on the right is just when I put it on.

Last edited: