how fast have you gone?

yamihoe

Professional test dummy
Reaction score
Visit site
This isnt about legality or street racing....but on a closed and legal course...

whats the fastest you guys/gals have been? list if it was your FZ or another bike.

FZ6-157
R1-189
it felt like it took forever to get there compared to my R1.....but both of them had more left in them...

Last edited:

Chickenz

Big Wide B*****d
Reaction score
Visit site
Yamaha YZFR125 - 84mph. That's the max the bike will do. Had to draft an hgv to get there :D

FZ6 - 108mph. That's the most the bike will do as it's restricted to 33bhp in line with UK law.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
On my old fz I saw a indicated 163 but the fastest I've ever gone was on a 05 636, a indicated 177. However both of those pale in comparison to taking a klr with DOT knobbies to 100 lol it's pretty much a immediate speed wobble every time, and a immediate ass puckering moment.

Note-all speeds were hit on a closed course of coarse

Smersh

The Pillaging Tatar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
However both of those pale in comparison to taking a klr with DOT knobbies to 100 lol it's pretty much a immediate speed wobble every time, and a immediate ass puckering moment.

It's nice to know others have the same experience on the tractor

outasight20

Reaction score
Visit site
143 indicated with a 17T sprocket, which means that is pretty close to the actual speed. It was windy out so I'm sure she has more in her.

sandctrev

Reaction score
Visit site
140 on the fz on a perfectly smooth downhill straightaway. It was a bucket list kind of thing. Did it once and I'm good. Haven't been over a 100 before or since then.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
I saw 116 indicated one time (on a private runway on private property of course).

No desire to exceed 100 mph again until I get a chance to go to a real track.

regder

Reaction score
Visit site
220kmh (137.50mph) gps verified, forget what the speedo was showing. This was somewhat loaded with luggage, and she had no more to give.

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
145 kms so i guess im no daredevil

country road at dusk and i was more worried about roos than any speed record
must admit i did think that any evasive maneuver would see me into the trees and that the road surface was not really conducive to anything outstanding

on the freeway only 128 kms and that was enough to get away from CRAZY drivers and i only kept it up for about 10 seconds
enough to get clear and hopefully not attract the boys in blue- which i didnt.... luckily

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner and it works every time !

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
on the freeway only 128 kms and that was enough to get away from CRAZY drivers and i only kept it up for about 10 seconds
enough to get clear and hopefully not attract the boys in blue- which i didnt.... luckily

128 km/h seems pretty low, what are speed limits like down under? That's pretty much cruising speed for a lot of vehicles on the motorway, and police won't really do much unless it's over 90-100mph.

chememsu

Reaction score
Visit site
122 mph via GPS max speed function after the fact. Don't know what speedo read. Was still pulling but ran out of clear road.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
It's nice to know others have the same experience on the tractor

Oh yeah the old klr was not meant to go over 80mph lol it did not like it at all! Hell one of the gas tank fairings broke off one time getting into triple digits

nivag

Reaction score
Visit site
Today, 126mph according to my gps - I think that might be wrong.... :innocent:
Before, I saw the speedo hit 142 while on the autobahn last year.