How low can you go.....(Twisties)

Hello,

Concept is simple: Post a picture of your rear tire after taken some twisties.

heres mine: about 2cm (0,8 inch) from the edge.

--WARNING--
This is done by an amateur rider.
Pleas TRY this at home.
During the trip, no humans or animals were hurt (except the flies on my gear)

You still have the Elephants on you Metzeler :eek: :eek: :justkidding: :D....

I'm jealous.
Nice rims on the 3th photo. Must be hard to keep clean.

Lol! Those buggers are the reason i dont ride that bike in the rain if i can help it...keeping them clean is a nightmare!!! Especially with the nice, jagged edge Braking wave discs!!!!

:eek:

The first 2 photo's are from riding at the track on PINKY, the third photo is from my raod bike, after a particularly decent run through the Twisties!

:rockon:

I don't like to lean my bike over too far. I might scrape stuff:BLAA:

Good times:D

Crazy buggers gonna melt yer pegs off!!!! :eek: :spank: :rockon::rockon:

some of you guys live in some amazing places and have the roads to be able to do that. Here in the midwest, we have lots of straight roads and the ones that are curvy have lots of gravel :(
I am ride right to the elephant but haven't erased him. It's too dangerous to attain the speed needed to get that low on the sweeping corners here.

Crazy buggers gonna melt yer pegs off!!!! :eek: :spank: :rockon::rockon:

Lol.....Mikey and hero knobs dont get along, lil' bugger grinds them down to less than stubs in about 30 minutes of getting on any bike he rides!

:eek::rockon:

OK, so we have seen what you crazy buggers have been up to!!!
I am posting this pic so you can make fun of me. :D
After owning my FZ6 (first ever bike) for 500 miles, I did a "Test the Track" class at our local Gateway International Raceway.
FZ6Nick said I needed to take a photo of my tire afterwards:

View attachment 26194

Not TOO bad for a newbie!
I had a good time, and learned a lot. I actually drug my toe (had no idea I should have moved it up) and my foot peg, which scared the cr@pola out of me!!
I might even do Test the Track again THIS year, and make my husband take his new bike, too!!
It's only $30, and you get to follow instructors through the lines.
(I was too slow last year to follow anyone!! :rof:)

After owning my FZ6 (first ever bike) for 500 miles, I did a "Test the Track" class at our local Gateway International Raceway.

View attachment 26194

I had a good time, and learned a lot. I actually drug my toe (had no idea I should have moved it up) and my foot peg, which scared the cr@pola out of me!!
I might even do Test the Track again THIS year, and make my husband take his new bike, too!!

Not too bad at all, i have seen plenty of bigger chicken strips on bikes after track days!

As for scraping the pegs, wait till the side stand starts to scrape at the track...that is very scary...and a very good reason to take it off the bike before venturing out onto the track!

As for scraping your boot, i am guilty of this quite a bit, i also position my feet quite a fair way forward on the pegs, and quite often forget to get the bugger up out of the way, when needed!

:thumbup:

View attachment 26194

Once you get the hang of it, you'll be lifting your feet off the pegs to give yourself some more clearance...lol.:rockon::D

Do you guys suggest taking my side stand / center stand off before track day?
I have not fully scraped off my chicken strips, but getting there little by little.

Do you guys suggest taking my side stand / center stand off before track day?
I have not fully scraped off my chicken strips, but getting there little by little.

Feelers will touch first. If youre gonna remove anything I would remove those first.

Last edited:
Once you get the hang of it, you'll be lifting your feet off the pegs to give yourself some more clearance...lol.:rockon::D

I know your joking, but you should not have to do that... if you do, it probably means your body position isn't quite right, kinda like here (also visible in your avatar, where your pushing the bike down, but your upper body doesn't follow) :D

View attachment 26195

That angle should be > 90 degrees,... looks more like 75degrees or so. A good way to start to change this is to get your head and inside shoulder lower and forward into the curve. Again, i'm sure you know this, just making a point.

BTW, I have the same issue and I have been working on it...

189833d1244129181-willow-springs-big-track-memorial-day-3571921347_9f69541823_b.jpg

Back