HUGE Leo Vince sale!

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Dang, if they haven't fixed the problem by now, or at least pulled it offline, I'd say they deserve it. I am tempted (jsut saw the thread after not logging in during the weekend), but: a) i have the givi topcase and not sure if LVs will fit (does anybody know if they will?), and b) exceeded my budget for the year and PDN photo expo is coming up :spank: ; so I'll ride with the "whiny" exhausts for now.:BLAA:

I too have Givi top rack. I did a bit of research before I pulled the trigger. It's supposed to work without modifications.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
have been sitting here watch this thread grow in size very rapidly without actually reading what was going on till now...curiosity got the better of me.....what a mess!

A good mess though, even at $454, this is a bargain price...

:thumbup:

jazond

KneeDragger in training
Reaction score
Visit site
Just got my "the other company, not us" oops call. :(

He stated he was calling the people in the order of orders placed. 3 left, I went ahead and ordered again at the 10% off price.

I went the route of "Go after the other vendor, not your paying customers route." No bite. Something about right of refusal becuase of the intermediary vendor, and the order is not confirmed/complete untill they approve it from the other vendor.

I also asked what margin was left on the cans at 20% off. He stated that at 10% off, they were pretty much breaking even. 20% was in the negative. I dont think this ever would have gone through.

But still stoked I finally have some aftermarket cans on the way. :rockon:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I also asked what margin was left on the cans at 20% off. He stated that at 10% off, they were pretty much breaking even. 20% was in the negative. I dont think this ever would have gone through.

But still stoked I finally have some aftermarket cans on the way. :rockon:

Yep, at 380 something dollars, i was wondering how they were making any money!

The "right" price is still the cheapest i have ever seen Leo's.

:thumbup:

malicious439

The Technician
Reaction score
Visit site
Well Loise from Leo Vince, he said that the Shopatron system was new and was accepting orders for products they didn't have.

He told me that they had 2 in stock when he called me today at about 4pm, he said that he couldn't apply the 20% because it applied only to items are regular price and not discontinued items.

I had told him that about 7-8 people from our forums had ordered them after he had told me they only had 2. He was kinda shady when he offered to guarantee me an exhaust if I paid listed price (minus 10% for the inconvenience) but then said I had to pay sales tax as well, neither of them included in the price online.

It was mainly disturbing that he offered to sell me an exhaust that 6-7 people had already placed ordered ahead of me for it then wanted to apply sales tax.:confused:

jazond

KneeDragger in training
Reaction score
Visit site
It was mainly disturbing that he offered to sell me an exhaust that 6-7 people had already placed ordered ahead of me for it then wanted to apply sales tax.:confused:

I think the sales tax is applicable if you are in the same state as their US base of operations, or am I crazy?

AngelFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
I think the sales tax is applicable if you are in the same state as their US base of operations, or am I crazy?

I don't remember very well, but I've seen some vendors listing several states where you have to add sales tax as part of the purchase.

For this one, I was not charged sales tax.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tcmalker

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
FYI. The Leo Vince website has been corrected. No more 20% extra discount. Not even 10%.

Aluminum = $529 + shipping
Carbon = $454.35 + shipping

Sorry to those who's late to the game.

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I got screwed. They are not making them anymore and I was on top of the list. They only had 4 in stock and 20 orders. I'm not too happy with Leo Vince right now. :( They are made in Italy and Louis said they are discontinued that's why the great price. BUMMER.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I got screwed. They are not making them anymore and I was on top of the list. They only had 4 in stock and 20 orders. I'm not too happy with Leo Vince right now. :( They are made in Italy and Louis said they are discontinued that's why the great price. BUMMER.

Oh man that blows :(

sxty8goats

Reaction score
Visit site

Sales tax applies if you are in the same state as the vendor. Some states require sales tax be sent to them no matter what state you buy it from. Leo is in Cali so you got bit.

I think I was the original customer to talk to Louis and get the 10%. Before I called foul it was full (discounted price) or nothing. All in all I think they handled it pretty well. From earlier posts here, they would just about break even @ 10% off the listed discounted price, loose money @ 20%. Fair in my book.

CrioGeniC

Reaction score
Visit site
Email I just got:

Thank you again for placing order, #4045668. We have some important information for you about your order.
The following items are out of stock. They have been removed from your order and will not be shipped to you.

Qty Part # Name Total
1 7904 SBK OVAL EVOII CARBON W/ CONICAL END CAPUSD$ 363.48

As your order only included this product, it has been canceled.
Rest assured that we will not attempt to charge your credit card or other billing method for backordered items until they are available for shipment.

If you have any questions about your order, please contact LeoVince USA at 510-232-4040 or [email protected].

Thank your for your business!

LeoVince USA Customer Service

Gratz to all those that got the great deal.

tcmalker

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
I see something sinister here. Is Leo Vince trying to cancel all orders with the extra discount? Since there website has been updated they can say to us who ordered with the discount that it is out of stock, but instead sell it to anybody else with no extra discount. Shady!

wolfe1down

Go hard or go home!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just got off the phone with Louis from LeoVince USA, and got pretty much the same story as everybody else. Shopatron made a mistake, and LeoVince USA can't honour it. He also told me that they only have one (1) exhaust system left, and that there were five people who had ordered ahead of me. He is going down the list in order, offering a new price of $424.00. The first person (in order) who wants it gets it, and he is unsure when they will receive more in stock...

wolfe1down

Go hard or go home!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:sinister: I got a little disappointed when the Leo Vince sale didn't work out for me, so I just did some online trolling. Found a website at Discount motorcycle parts, motorcycle accessories,yoshimura exhaust, shoei helmet that advertises price matching/beating. I sent them an email to see if they would match the new (updates) price of $454.35 offered by Leo Vince USA. They immediately sent me back a 15% discount code. Unfortunately, their FZ6 listing price for a CF exhaust system is $749.00, and with 15% discounted is still WAY above the Leo Vince USA price. So, I called them up. I got in touch with Heidi, and we were able to get me a CF Leo Vince exhaust for a 2005 Yamaha FZ6 for the take away price of $408.00 with free shipping in the USA. I had to pay $55.00 to ship to Canada. But, seriously, $408.00!!! She told me that this product is being discontinued, and that there would be no warranty replacements available, and no returns/refunds. The bad part is, there were only 2 left, and I just bought one. So, for anyone who missed out, call them and take advantage of this deal!!!!!!!!