I did a bad thing...

Xavias

Shenanigans.
Reaction score
Visit site
Yesterday, our local yamaha dealer (who just became a triumph dealer this year) was having a demo day... So I went and test rode the Daytona 675..

OH MY I AM IN LOVE!!!! :D

Seriously, though.. I want one. I'm now saving up for one... :D :D :D

Oh, and gratuitous picture:
y0Lxac6.jpg

JTL

Reaction score
Visit site
It is quite a beast. Handles like a 125cc (in a positive way) with quite much more power....

Last edited:

Archeon

Reaction score
Visit site
A Daytona is fairly high up on my "potential next bike" list in a couple of years. Fell in love the first time i saw one.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Well from the picture, you got the gear to match the bike, so there is no more excuses, you're just going to have to go pull the trigger.

THIS IS WHY I NEVER GO TEST RIDE A BIKE. You leave the dealership mentally thinking I got to have it.

Xavias

Shenanigans.
Reaction score
Visit site
Whew, I thought you bought a Harley!! :BLAA:

Haha, nope! But I did also ride the Triumph Storm and let me tell you.. Surprisingly agile for a cruiser but the torque on that thing is insane! Seriously, it's like "hold on to your butt and don't fall off the back" insane.

Daytona was still more fun, though. ;)

why_not_Zoidberg?

Reaction score
Visit site
I've only ridden one Triumph, my '09 Speed Triple, and I am in love. If I'm ever old and fat I'll get a Rocket III. The guy at the dealership (his daily is a speed) says he rides the Rocket to bike nights and is amazed at how fast it is.

Xavias

Shenanigans.
Reaction score
Visit site
I've only ridden one Triumph, my '09 Speed Triple, and I am in love. If I'm ever old and fat I'll get a Rocket III. The guy at the dealership (his daily is a speed) says he rides the Rocket to bike nights and is amazed at how fast it is.

I actually got to ride the rocket3 as well! It was really comfortable and turned very well for a cruiser! I actually liked the way the storm felt more, to be honest. The rocket has like 150 ft-lbs of torque compared to the 115 of the storm, but for whatever reason the storm just felt more torquey. List of bikes I rode on saturday in order of preference:
Daytona 675
Oh, that's right I rode other bikes. Sorry, still dreaming a little ;)
Daytona 675
2008 FZ6 (Hey, I still love my bike!)
Storm
Tiger 800 (Smooth as friggin glass)
Rocket
Thruxton (I LOVED the look, but the thing felt so underpowered! It left me feeling disappointed.)

odachi13

Reaction score
Visit site
I'd love a Daytona as well, almost got a TT600 as my first bike.

My only gripe, and its kind of a big one is I don't think I would survive on one. It seems whenever there has been a fatal bike crash locally, it's always a Daytona. I call them widow makers.

jdoorn14

Reaction score
Visit site
Hahaha...every time I heard a spot on our local radio station(s) for this event, a little stream of drool spontaneously appeared from the corner of my mouth... (Think Homer Simpson.)

Xavias

Shenanigans.
Reaction score
Visit site
Hahaha...every time I heard a spot on our local radio station(s) for this event, a little stream of drool spontaneously appeared from the corner of my mouth... (Think Homer Simpson.)

So go on one! Seriously, it's not that bad. You just have to sign a waver that you'll cover the first $2,500 in the event of an accident... Which is a lot. Just ride carefully haha

why_not_Zoidberg?

Reaction score
Visit site
I'd love a Daytona as well, almost got a TT600 as my first bike.

My only gripe, and its kind of a big one is I don't think I would survive on one. It seems whenever there has been a fatal bike crash locally, it's always a Daytona. I call them widow makers.

I obviously have no evidence to back this up, but I'd wager a big part of it being :squid:liness

Randomchaos

Flaming Hot Doughnut
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
What would you have to say about the Tiger 800 comfort wise? I would love to take the XC out for a test ride. Sadly, the closest Triumph dealer to me closed down :(

Xavias

Shenanigans.
Reaction score
Visit site
What would you have to say about the Tiger 800 comfort wise? I would love to take the XC out for a test ride. Sadly, the closest Triumph dealer to me closed down :(

The tiger was SMOOTH and very comfortable. Honestly, I loved riding that thing! Wish I could have taken it offroad, though!