I wonder if he got wet

sandctrev

Reaction score
Visit site
I would have said a bunch of bad words starting with .... " I'm not ready to die!". I know what to do if you hydroplane in a cage. But what the heck is a biker to do in this situation. He did well, non the less.

metallicat

Reaction score
www.KhandrosDesigns.com
Wow, that guy's got some steel balls/nerves. I've been through that in NJ, but going like 1 MPH. He might need to check his wheel bearings now :D.

That's a good example of keeping collected in a crazy scenario.

ltdillard

commutaholic
Reaction score
Visit site
How could he not have seen other cars hitting that water? It is hard to tell from the video what his visibility actually was, but seems like he should have had more advanced warning of what was ahead.

Regardless he did well getting through that.

I'm assuming his bike is similar to the FZ6 with the air intake high & under the tank, so if the triple tree area can be kept clear of water it would be unlikely it would suck in water. Is that a valid assumption? Or does it pull in air from other areas?

scidork

Reaction score
Visit site
I did something similar a few months ago on a ride home from work. I knew it was going to rain but the dark clouds were the other way. After the rain started from before me, I managed to find a section of road that had a pretty good amount of water but as it was not longer actively raining and it is a seldom traveled road, the water was flat. Coupled with my helmet and dash being a tad difficult to make out fine details that may have otherwise alerted me to the pool, I hit it at 60. First and hopefully last time I hydroplane on a bike.