IJET's FZ6 CUP bike - Trackday photos - UPDATE

SIMN

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry SIMN nothing to update lately, I've been super busy with work and touring on my road bike a fair bit. The FZ6 has been put on the back burner for a little while. Planning to get the exhaust finished later this month and do the brake lines and airbox in early December. I'll update the thread as it happens. After talking with Joe, we decided the high mount muffler will work best.

Thanks

To bad it didn't work out with the r6 headers, would look awesome. Btw, how wide is the "Renthal 658 drag bar"? Is it wider then stock or maybe you can measure it? I like it a lot!

I JET

Reaction score
Visit site
the r6 headers will work fine, I just haven't got around to getting the link pipe finished. As I said, things have been put on the back burner for a little while. I had clip on's installed before so I cant tell you about the width vs standard bars but you can find all the measurements for the 658 bars here on the renthal site: Renthal - 7/8" Handlebars

renthal.jpg

Last edited:

dnsn

Reaction score
Visit site
Woww! Good work on a simple bike. Was planning to let go my bike but now in 2 minds after seeing this post. However I would like to change the front looks to a fazer with double head lights. Any advise to be shared ?

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Its been my experience that stressed metal and vibes don't go well together. That said, see if you can bend that header just a bit for sump clearance.

Wood blocks both hard and soft, a floor jack and a heavy vehicle come to mind. Of course a torch with a big rose bud tip would help too but the plating will be cooked off.

Good to hear from ya...

PS getting closer to reading and writing our own bits to the ECU. When I get it figured out I'll post up...

I JET

Reaction score
Visit site
Any advise to be shared ?
Certainly if you're feeling that a freshen up of the front end looks will revitalise your love for the bike again., I would go for it.

Its been my experience that stressed metal and vibes don't go well together.
PS getting closer to reading and writing our own bits to the ECU....

Thanks mate, I will be 'modifying' that primary tube so it does not make contact. Very interesting video here on 'modifying' headers.
https://youtu.be/azPKIjxmmdU

Thanks for the update on the Ecu info. Very interested to hear what is possible.

I'm overseas now for two months, this may be the world's slowest developing thread. I have a new set of braided brake lines for the fz6 sitting at home. Also i have organised to complete the link pipe in late February when I return. Will update thread as things develope.
Regards,
Dan