installed my FE kit...

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I got My fender eliminatior kit in the mail yesterday and decided to put it on today.

here are some before shots:

FEKit001.jpg

FEKit004.jpg

First step is to remove the left rear fairing pod and disconnect the wires:

FEKit006.jpg

FEKit007.jpg

FEKit008.jpg

Then simply remove the old fender apparatus (2 bolts and 2 hex heads):

FEKit011.jpg

More to come...

Now you take the new FE and mount the directionals and plate light from the old monstrosity and re-mount it using 2 bolts and re-run the wires:

FEKit014.jpg

FEKit015.jpg

FEKit016.jpg

FEKit017.jpg

FEKit018.jpg

FEKit020.jpg

All done!!! Much better:

FEKit021.jpg

FEKit022.jpg

Looking good. Did you have any toruble installing it? How long did it take. I want ensure I do not mix the cables while connecting them together.

Just curious...why did you take the stock one off?

I bet because he wanted to "eliminate the fender" hence installing this 'Fender Eliminator' kit! :thumbup: It also 'clenas up' and streamlines the rear end and tucks the license plate under the tail a bit better.

Besides, the stock fender looks like ass, as it does on the majority of most stock sport bikes.

Where did you get that kit? it seems simple enough. Thanks for the info!

You can find them here: The Sportbike Network - Sportbikes.net

It's a great kit, clear instructions, fairly simple to do, and really makes a difference in the looks of the back of the fizzer.
reiobard, glad the kit worked out for you, sorry it took a little long to get to ya.

I bet because he wanted to "eliminate the fender" hence installing this 'Fender Eliminator' kit! :thumbup: It also 'clenas up' and streamlines the rear end and tucks the license plate under the tail a bit better.

Besides, the stock fender looks like ass, as it does on the majority of most stock sport bikes.

LOL...he said ASS!!!

Thanks for your input.

I'm going to remove my FAZR6 FE bracket and modify it somewhat. I've got a "spare" FE kit that I'll install in the meantime.
The two modifications that I'm going to do to it are:-
-fill in the two large holes for the OEM flashers with steel and then drill 2 smaller diameter holes for aftermarket flashers (5/16" dia).
-Weld on a lug each side on top of the FE bracket so that my Scorpion license plate kit will attach directly to it with screws (one each side). The Scorpion license plate kit is designed to attach directly to the OEM mudguard/license plate bracket.
Why, you ask, when the FAZR6 FE kit is perfectly alright as a "stand alone" kit? I don't like the way it flops around when mounted to the Scorpion support bracket that replaces the OEM bracket (the large horizontally-mounted "U" bracket with the plastic channel on the left for the flasher wiring). I've got it half-assed secured now, but it's too mickey mouse for my liking. Doing the above modifications to the FAZR6 FE bracket will make it look tailor-made. :)

I got My fender eliminatior kit in the mail yesterday and decided to put it on today.

More to come...

Great post with all the pictures and everything, I´m also looking for something like this. Saw on Sportbike.net that they only ship within USA :mad: Why oh why am i living in Sweden right now?? Well well, guess i have to keep looking for something i can buy that can be shipped within europe :)

Looking good. Did you have any toruble installing it? How long did it take. I want ensure I do not mix the cables while connecting them together.

the connectors are all different so you should not have a problem, just make sure you know which side grey is and which side black is for the directionals. It took about 30 minutes to install and it went very easy. took me a minuted to figure out how the directionals disconnected, but not that hard.

You can find them here: The Sportbike Network - Sportbikes.net

It's a great kit, clear instructions, fairly simple to do, and really makes a difference in the looks of the back of the fizzer.
reiobard, glad the kit worked out for you, sorry it took a little long to get to ya.

Listen to Dan. I got it from him after he decided to redesign his bike,
no worries, i was more curious than anything as to whether i would be able to put it on over the weekend... and i was able to so no worries, it didn't take that long, i was just excited.

Great post with all the pictures and everything, I´m also looking for something like this. Saw on Sportbike.net that they only ship within USA :mad: Why oh why am i living in Sweden right now?? Well well, guess i have to keep looking for something i can buy that can be shipped within europe :)

if you want to order one to me i will forward it off to you from my house, Mark it as a gift valued at $25 or something for tax purposes (if you need), you just have to pay the shipping back over to Sweeden... I have no idea how much it costs to ship to Sweden...

if you want to order one to me i will forward it off to you from my house, Mark it as a gift valued at $25 or something for tax purposes (if you need), you just have to pay the shipping back over to Sweeden... I have no idea how much it costs to ship to Sweden...

That was really nice of you :). I will keep that in mind if i don´t find anything here in sweden that is as cheap and easy as the one you installed :).

Don´t know either what the shipping cost to sweden will be, depens on how much the wieght is to and what forwarder you will us.

Thank you again :)

Looks good reiobard! On the VR forum I belong to we have a nick name for the stock plate mounts... the "dogs a$$". Thats because they are as ugly as a dogs butt.
Unfortunately becaus the UK plate is about 16 acres across we have to use the doggs arse. You can use a smaller plate. The Police are more likely to pull you over on a non-standard bike. So a FE is pointless in the UK unless your gona run an illegal plate.

Nelly

Last edited:
Unfortunately becaus ethe UK plate is about 16 acres across we have to use the doggs arse. You can use a smaller plate. The Police are more likely to pull you over on a non-standard bike. So a FE is pointles in the UK unless your gona rune an illegal plate.

Nelly

thats a shame, those huge plates are obnoxious...

Back