Installed Rizoma handlebars, grips bar ends

TampaFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
HI,

Wanted to share that I added Rizoma handlebars, grips bar ends. If I would of known the rizoma bar ends were so light I would of gone in a different direction. The ride and vibrations seem better with the new handlbar set though.

Looks great! Interesting @ vibration. I found vibration to be much much worse with alu bar. Anything over 5.5k rpm seemed really bad. Heavy bar ends helped a great deal.

Thanks!! I did not give it a full test yet on the vibrations so the jury is still out but did feel batter with a brief ride. Prior to the install I searched for some instructions on previous installs and only found one for FZ1. After the install I do another search and find more feedback on Rizoma bar install and the issues with the light bar ends. I did find a site that has heavy universal bar ends but I'll be $80-90 into bar ends unless I tap the bar ends and install the stock ends. :rolleyes:

I just spent the last 2 years restoring a Datsun 280ZX so now I have something else to work on. :D

Nice job, I really like the look of the black bars. I wish that was an option on the stock FZ1 bars i just installed.

If you want to tap them for the stock bar ends, it takes a 16mm/1.5 tap. I can do it to the bars for a small charge.

Back