Is the FZ6 the best bike you have owned, ridden???

Is the FZ6 the best bike you have owned, ridden???

• Yes!

Votes: 164 68.3%
  • No!

Votes: 76 31.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, i am interested to see the results of this poll, will be a bit skewed i am sure, cause most of us still own FZ6's! But regardless, i am curious???

I am not asking whether you think it's the fastest, most comfortable, etc, etc...
'
But i mean, to live with every day, in the multitude of situations that most of us find ourselves rtiding our bikes in...

I am talking about flexability, the ability to perform different tasks you set the bike, etc...

Reliability, ease of maintenance, etc, etc...might be considerations that should be considered, but it is different for everyone...we all have our bikes for different reasons...

Simple question, just requires a yes or no answer in the above poll.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Would also love to see some of the reasons for your yes/no selection in the poll...

Last edited:

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It's a close call between my FZ6 and an 1986 Honda VF 500 F Interceptor I rode way back in the day. The FZ is the best bike I've ever ridden for this time in my life but that Interceptor, ridden in my knee draggin' reckless youth....:spank: what a bike.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It's a close call between my FZ6 and an 1986 Honda VF 500 F Interceptor I rode way back in the day. The FZ is the best bike I've ever ridden for this time in my life but that Interceptor, ridden in my knee draggin' reckless youth....:spank: what a bike.

How weird, that is my second choice too! I had a VF400 first, was so impressed, when i traded up i got a VF500 Interceptor...awesome bike, fun factor was massive, and like the FZ6, it did stuff that was way beyond it's design brief...

Was also ridden hard in my reckless youth...in fact i blew the motor up in the 500....doing a burn out! :rockon:

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
How weird, that is my second choice too! I had a VF400 first, was so impressed, when i traded up i got a VF500 Interceptor...awesome bike, fun factor was massive, and like the FZ6, it did stuff that was way beyond it's design brief...

Was also ridden hard in my reckless youth...in fact i blew the motor up in the 500....doing a burn out! :rockon:

Lol, that must have been a heck of a burnout, those motors were (almost) indestructible.:spank:
I've always wanted to get another one just to have in the garage and bring back those memories..

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Lol, that must have been a heck of a burnout, those motors were (almost) indestructible.:spank:
I've always wanted to get another one just to have in the garage and bring back those memories..

It was running rich due to a set of very open Laser cans.... :eek:

I too have thought of getting hold of an old VF and restoring it to it's full OEM glory...they looked great too...

It was a toss up between the 06 650 V Strom I had and the FZ6, the FZ6 is just that much more fun to ride, maybe not as versatile as the Strom but overall just a bit better.:D

Jerry

The Vstrom has a very solid reputation, and is a big favourite of the adventure touring set in Australia. Have haerd that it is a lot like the FZ6 in that, whilst a very different bike, it can do things it really shouldnt be able to do with relative ease...

i am a massive fan of middle weight bikes....not too heavy, not too big, plenty of useable power...

The SV650 is another great bike in this segment, but IMHO the FZ6 just has the one thing over the SV, a slightly bigger excitement factor....the motor above 8000rpm! :rockon:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Big yes for me.

My other bikes have been:

Yamaha DT175
Kawasaki Z250
Honda CBF250

Don't really compare, do they? :)

No, there doesnt seem to be any instant classics there...although, they are all sweet little rides to commute, or cut your teeth on.

But i reckon the FZ6 is a better bike than it's replacement, the FZ8, doesnt quite look as groovy in some respects, but i reckon it's a better bike as a sum of all it's parts...a friend has an FZ8, and he is quite dissapointed with it...

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If it wasn't for the trip to Tas at the moment, I honestly think I'd buy another FZ6 as a dedicated track bike.

Didn't go to the cricket today (big fire in the Swan Valley with high winds - want to stay close to home, just in chase :eek:) so popped up to Barbagallo instead and watched an hour of a racecraft/tuning day they had up there (Mike wanted to test out the new camera with action shots - ready for PI :)). 2nd hand FZ6s are now quite reasonable in Perth now - only happened recently. Would love to buy another one just for track days. I reckon it would be a great bike to throw around :thumbup:

Mandy27

Bikerbayb
Reaction score
Visit site
MMM, Best Bike I have ever owned?, well I'm not sure about that, but it goes pretty close. I would definitely say its the best all-round motorcycle I have ever ridden or owned.

Cheers
Mandy

Disco

A Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Best bike owned, most certainly. Best ridden, unfortunately not, but its still a kick ass bike that I can't be without.

I may be missing the point here, but if we are talking the riding pleasure/experience, the Bonnie T100 I rode a couple of years ago left me with the biggest smile on my face. :D:D:D

If it's whats the best bike, flip of a coin between 1400GTR :thumbup: or the 2008 Speed Triple :rockon:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Best bike owned, most certainly. Best ridden, unfortunately not, but its still a kick ass bike that I can't be without.

I may be missing the point here, but if we are talking the riding pleasure/experience, the Bonnie T100 I rode a couple of years ago left me with the biggest smile on my face. :D:D:D

If it's whats the best bike, flip of a coin between 1400GTR :thumbup: or the 2008 Speed Triple :rockon:

It is all about riding pleasure, ease of ownership, etc...

But let's not get into a debate about which is the best bike around, that's a whole other thread! Bloody Aussies! :D

This thread is all about the FZ6!

:thumbup:

aziebell

Reaction score
Visit site
I have only ever ridden two bikes. An FZ6 and a Suzuki GZ250 during my MSF class. So, for my experience, yes this bike is the best I have ever owned and ridden!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Bridgestone 250....yup they used to make bikes
77 Yamaha XS400
78 kawasaki Z1000
80 kawasaki Z1000
06 Yamaha FZ6
09 Yamaha R1
07 Suzuki SV1000s

Out of all the bikes I've owned the FZ6 allowed me to enter a different realm of riding. Obviously some of the bikes I've experienced have advantages but the FZ6 always gave back more than what I expected from it. Great bike!:rockon:

Chris_D

Reaction score
Visit site
Simple question, just requires a yes or no answer in the above poll.
Mate, who are you kidding? :D

It's the most complex of motorbike questions.

I had a BMW F650 which was easily the most versatile, prob very similar to the V-Strom from what I've read on here. And my Honda VTR Firestorm 1000cc had so much useable torque that I could just ride everywhere in 2nd gear and it was a hoot. But having only has the FZ for about 3 weeks now it is giving me the most pleasure without riding it. I have been having heaps of fun pulling it apart, modding it up, reading this forum and Bonemans site for ideas.....

Give me a few more weeks of riding and I'll get back to you....

Simple question... yeah right! :rolleyes: ;)

Last edited:

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Easily the best bike I've owned. Super reliable, always starts first time, my previous Honda (CBF600) was a pain (carbs, choke, yuk).