Last edited by a moderator:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Does the motor run? How many miles? That poor fizzer's been bashed! If you're interested it would have to run then maybe part out the motor but remember it'll be a tear down for parts or a big shipping bill and check the mounting points from engine to frame and swingarm. Also research that the bike has no lean or DMV/ticket charges against it. :confused:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I could use a new side stand. Mine has essentially worn out, not much meat left on the base. Bike is not worth $500, maybe $150. The rear wheel looks like it's in decent shape.

Last edited:

kinderwood

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Does the motor run? How many miles? That poor fizzer's been bashed! If you're interested it would have to run then maybe part out the motor but remember it'll be a tear down for parts or a big shipping bill and check the mounting points from engine to frame and swingarm. Also research that the bike has no lean or DMV/ticket charges against it. :confused:

Looks like the stator cover took a hit and is cracked open or been removed. The coil is showing, it should be attached to the cover, ie if the cover was removed it shouldn't be there. Won't run like that. Look for cracks or holes around engine crankcase castings.

FZSexy

Reaction score
Visit site
ad says 19,000 miles. i am not buying it as i have nowhere to put it. if i had a garage you never know, though. just to take a look inside of it all

but don't these bikes have certain components that would be useful to a DIYer or even for sale? what of its ecu and FI components? certain misc hardware, brakes, sprocket....and other bits and pieces? wheels? the ad says "would part it out myself, but no time."

just what parts, though?

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
the side cover looks like it's cracked off. If it lost oil while running it could have engine damage. Do FZ6's have tip over kill switches?

The rear wheel looks usable as may be the front brake rotors if they aren't bent and the brake calipers. If the engine is toast there is no much else useful on that bike other than the sensors and switches.

ShoopCE

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I agree with the comments about the side stand and brake parts.

But I would not want to take any risk on the engine. The rear tire is bald in the center with LOTS of tread on the rest of the profile. I'd suspect the tire got that way because the owner liked to do burnouts. All sorts of engine and maybe transmission problems would result from that.

R.I.P.

aclayonb

Reaction score
Visit site
Might be able to pull of the wiring harnesses, throttle bodies, some internal engine components, brake calipers, some other fiddly bits, and straighten the forks. You'd be hard pressed to get your money back though. That would take a while of patient selling on fleabay and a couple desperate buyers.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
FZSexy if you want to rebuild it, I'll toss in an OEM plate holder and radiator guards. Blah

They're powder coated black already! Hope thats OK!

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Might be able to pull of the wiring harnesses, throttle bodies, some internal engine components, brake calipers, some other fiddly bits, and straighten the forks. You'd be hard pressed to get your money back though. That would take a while of patient selling on fleabay and a couple desperate buyers.

I hope you have never or known anyone who has actually tried to straighten and reuse bent forks! The integrity of the fork is toast once they are bent like that.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The Yamaha clamp on the handlebars is still good. The earlier models didn't have them and is a nice addition in terms of looks instead of having it just be a bare piece of bar.

How does a bike get in that condition? Was it in Baltimore?

Have you considered entering this bike into the bike of the month contest?

Last edited:

aclayonb

Reaction score
Visit site
Knew a guy that professionally straightens 'slightly' bent forks. And yes, they rode fine with no issues. I didn't even know it was a thing until I couldn't find a good, straight set for a old Honda.

kenh

Ride Like Your Invisible!
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
When I saw the rear tire, I suspected the former rider exhibited some squid-like tendencies. That must have been some wild ride to cause that much carnage. I seriously hope nobody was not hurt too badly. [emoji33]

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk