Is this how my bike will sound with scorpions? (Video)

wick001

Reaction score
Visit site
For those of you who have scorpions or have heard them in person... Is this how they will sound? Also, do these come with baffels? can they be removed?

[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=lEueoXlbAAQ"]YouTube - Yamaha FZ6 Scorpion Exhaust[/ame]

That's probably the best video on the 'net for "getting" the sound of the Scorpions on an FZ6. In reality, the sound is deeper and (of course) more "full" than indicated in the video. At idle, the sound is deep and throaty. Under acceleration, it's deep and raspy. I have the "race" Scorps which don't have the decibel killers, and the sound is not obnoxious at all.
Riding through the Massey Tunnel here in Richmond in 2nd gear at 10,000+ rpm brings me great joy. :Flash:

Yep, that's pretty much what mine sound like as far as I can tell. I've never heard it from 'outside' if you know what I mean. I only hear it from inside my helmet.

Mine have the removable baffles and I waver back and forth between having them in and taking them out. They're out at the moment and have been for about a month, but I'm feeling particularly annoying at the moment. When I settle down, I'll put them back in. I don't notice too much difference in performance.

That's probably the best video on the 'net for "getting" the sound of the Scorpions on an FZ6. In reality, the sound is deeper and (of course) more "full" than indicated in the video. At idle, the sound is deep and throaty. Under acceleration, it's deep and raspy. I have the "race" Scorps which don't have the decibel killers, and the sound is not obnoxious at all.
Riding through the Massey Tunnel here in Richmond in 2nd gear at 10,000+ rpm brings me great joy. :Flash:

I just bought these... Scorpion Slip-On Exhaust - Yamaha FZ6 - Indysuperbikes

I didn't know they made a "race" version, unless by race you mean no DB killers?

By the way, what are DB killers? And do these have them? Because i want it loud.

Yep, that's pretty much what mine sound like as far as I can tell. I've never heard it from 'outside' if you know what I mean. I only hear it from inside my helmet.

Mine have the removable baffles and I waver back and forth between having them in and taking them out. They're out at the moment and have been for about a month, but I'm feeling particularly annoying at the moment. When I settle down, I'll put them back in. I don't notice too much difference in performance.

Could you post a pic of the "baffles"? I've sent emails to both Scorpion in England and the US importer asking if they are available for purchase separately, but haven't received a response from either.

When I get mine on Wednesday, I will post pictures of the box. I hope mine either don't have baffles, or they are removeable.

Could you post a pic of the "baffles"? I've sent emails to both Scorpion in England and the US importer asking if they are available for purchase separately, but haven't received a response from either.

Yeah, sure. I'll take some pictures of them today.

Ok, here they are.
  1. Bafffles in (but not bolted on since I have them out at the moment)
  2. Closeup so you can see the model number and the 'E' stamp
  3. 1/2 way out
  4. baffles removed (you can see the allen key bolts in this pic)
  5. cans sans baffles

I hope that helps?

Last edited:
Does anybody know if the Scorpions will fit in the Givi TopCase mount that goes around the stock exhaust? I always wanted those Scorpions but priorities came first and i got the TopCase...

Doorag: Is there a pre-drilled hole for the screw that secures the DB killers underneath the tailpipe on your Scorpions?

It looks pre-drilled, but thinking about it the holes aren't exactly at the bottom and seem to be slightly off center. That would seem to indicate that they weren't done at the factory. Remember I got this bike as the second owner and I don't know the guy who had it first since I got it from the dealer. I can't seem to find any information on any of the UK sites about baffles for them so I'm at a bit of a loss. Next time I'm around the dealer for something I'll ask the service guys if they remember doing it. The guy whose bike this was has bought like 7 bikes from them (including 2 R1s) and is well known to all of them. They may remember.

Does anybody know if the Scorpions will fit in the Givi TopCase mount that goes around the stock exhaust? I always wanted those Scorpions but priorities came first and i got the TopCase...

Another member posted that the scorpions do work with the Givi kit... so I'm sure you can have both:thumbup:

Another member posted that the scorpions do work with the Givi kit... so I'm sure you can have both:thumbup:

Really?!? Because i got the measured widness of the Scorpions installed (thanks to another member!) and it came to about 11.5 inches, and with my Givi Brackets that wrap around the exhaust covers all i have is barely 10inches...I've seen the TwoBros with my Givi Bracket so i was considering those...But you say someone has the Scorp's and the GiviTopCase?
Edit: Here are the brackets i'd need to fit around the exhaust:
028-1.jpg

If anyone knows what fits in those? Thanks ^_^

Last edited:
Get the Yamaha OEM bracket that clips on to the hand rail. It should work with the Givi boxes since the Yam ones are made by Givi I'm sure.

Back