Isle of Man TT - going tomorrow

Mattberkshire

Reaction score
Visit site
All packed and ready to go. Heading off at 7.30am tomorrow. 5 days of bliss. I'll be camping just inside Hillberry Corner with 22 people, most of whom I know. It's a 246 mile ride to catch the ferry which takes 3 hours then I'll be in Douglas then a short ride to the campsite.

I'll arrive in town during practice so won't be able to get to my site (which is on the other side of the track until it's all finished - about 9pm.

Here's the bike. Got everything I need except sleeping bag and tent which are going with a mate in his car.

All this week is practice which is the evening so I'll be able to ride the track during the day. 38 miles long!!!!! Then it's the superbike race on Saturday

Wish me luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DaveK

Reaction score
Visit site
Im so ****ing jealous, excuse my french but it was needed!!!

Never been but think i will when i get a 1000cc stupidbike or something to keep up with the boys on mad sunday. A mate went a couple years ago on a 2004 R1, says there was like 4 lanes of traffic going at 140 + mph ... WOW will be amazing im sure mate!

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That sounds like a great time. :thumbup: I think you all need some larger license plates! HA HA. Those are three times the size of the ones in the states. Have a great time.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You lucky dog! That very trip is on my list to do before I die.

Enjoy and post lots and lots of photos, have fun!

kevlarian

Reaction score
Visit site
Check this out... OMG! I have to check out this race some year!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVt2zwVwWsE]YouTube - Tourist Trophy 2009 Steve Plater Onboard[/ame]

Mattberkshire

Reaction score
Visit site
Check this out... OMG! I have to check out this race some year!

YouTube - Tourist Trophy 2009 Steve Plater Onboard

OK, so on this video at:

0.32 - coned area, start of one way system
0.43 - cones finish. It's one way baby, no speed limits, no cops, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
5.00 - cones start again at the top of the hill leading down to the Creg where speed limits come into force again
5.42 - my campsite was in the field to the right of the wall
5.44 - we sat on that wall on the left of the track to watch most of the action