It's completely legal to filter.

Has there been any attempts to start a petition on the White House page?

With the amount of bikers online, you would think something like this would be brought to attention. It would be interesting to try and utilize all the bike forums to get the ball rolling. Maybe it would spread like wildfire, maybe no one would care? I'm sure there's been an attempt before.

Just a thought. I'm pro-filtering by the way.

How many people do you guys think this would need to be noticed?

The bar is at 100,000 signatures within 30 days to receive a response. Checked - previous attempts have failed. Future attempts would need to be coordinated.

The bar is at 100,000 signatures within 30 days to receive a response. Checked - previous attempts have failed. Future attempts would need to be coordinated.

Maybe this is something we could start. If everyone posted across all the bike boards, and then everyone who saw it told someone else, it could go somewhere.

I've pretty much stopped filtering 100%. I'll never get the image I saw in the mirror of the guy who intentionally tried clip me.

I soooooo look forward to the day it is legal in the US. Sadly, the motivation$ for the government just isn't there.

one good thing about here and the fact that theres a high percentage of vulnerable road users (pedestrians-cyclists-motorcyclists) in our driver theory tests theres a whole section devoted to those road users - MOST drivers here a very well trained to be extra cautious to these particular road users ,
i was out on the bike today ill upload a gopro video i made of just normal driving including filtering

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqB0acVDGUE"]Camden st to O connell street yamaha fz6 - YouTube[/ame]

http://youtu.be/jqB0acVDGUE?t=2s

Last edited:
I commute to London every week day, it would be pointless to ride a bike and not being able to filter through idiots behind the wheels.
Although most of the time "filtering" is not actually "filtering".
Filtering has only take place where the traffic is stationary.
If the traffic moves slowly forward going between other vehicles is called overtaking and undertaking, and I'm not sure that is completely legal here in UK.
And this is what is happening on my route everyday.

Keep in mind that attitude might mean a lot toward legalizing or keeping filtering and lane splitting legal. It does our cause no good when you're discourteous and rude to cagers by scaring them when you go by.

I have had cars try to block me but most are well mannered and a lot of them give space when they can.

Back