Kissed a Subaru last week

eddiekay

Reaction score
Visit site
The long story short is that I rear ended an SUV.
Deeeeestroyed all the front plastic but...of course...rode her home. Prob is this....the instrument panel....with the exception of the time display....doesnt display anyting. No connections loose, no wires broken, light still light, signals still work and she runs as good as ever but...nothing displays but the time.
Can anyone tell me how to correct this ?
Gonna go naked anyway now so it's not a life-death issue but...given the choice..i'd rather have a speedo.

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to hear about the crash. It sounds like its internal with the dash panel. You might be better off buying a used one.

eddiekay

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah...not what I wanted to hear but I was told the same thing by another friend.
Although.......I havent tried pulling the fuse. I dont know anything about how LCD's work but I do recall the last time I crashed a code came up on the panel,,,couldnt start her and a pal disconnected the battery and it started and the panel lit up the way it was pposed to. Hmmmm...lemme go pul the fuse.

why_not_Zoidberg?

Reaction score
Visit site
I assume since you didn't mention injuries that you are ok? Good!

Sounds like time for a streetfighter build! :rockon: If you don't wanna go back to stock, I've heard Trailtech makes some pretty decent head units that are pretty universal. The guys on the other forum I'm on (ex-500.com) seem to swear by them.

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah...not what I wanted to hear but I was told the same thing by another friend.
Although.......I havent tried pulling the fuse. I dont know anything about how LCD's work but I do recall the last time I crashed a code came up on the panel,,,couldnt start her and a pal disconnected the battery and it started and the panel lit up the way it was pposed to. Hmmmm...lemme go pul the fuse.

Did pulling the fuse work?

eddiekay

Reaction score
Visit site
Hmmm thought i posted this afternoon?
Thank you guys for your concern. I didnt get hurt, walked away. As to pulling the fuse...nope...not yet but tomorrow I'll do it and see what happens to the instruments. So,,,,it's going naked and i followed one of your comments re the trail Tech lights....that 8" light is just what I wanted but, hey we all want 8" but the price is just too high. Going with the Aztec dual 4 3/4's. Before i click on the dotted line....the fork tubes are written as 43mm....do the websites have it right ....43mm ? Have no shop manual, not even an owners manual and def not a caliper. Can anyone confirm 43mm ?