Leaking Oil, need new clamp?

2007Z6ALL-LED

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not a wrencher, I can barely change a light bulb. $100 to replace the hose, flush and replace coolant and to stop the leak, not too bad. I live within walking distance to a Yamaha dealership, so I will drop it off in the evening and pick it up in the morning. It's a dealership that only sells and services Yamaha, no other brands.

wow...cheap cost! go for it!.

In California, where I live, Southern California/Orange County, the Yamaha/Honda repair shop looked at the leak problem I had and told me $400 to repair. And they told me they will actually rebuild the water pump and 3 days for services (for part ordering/delivery). Another shop told me to pay them $150 labor if I have my own parts.

Seriously, I now consider living in California is unreasonably expensive with all kind of unreasonable expensive services.....

Motorcycle in California is more expensive than anywhere else, they sell MSRP, no bargain, take it or leave!

Go for it, $100 for repairing those issue is a GO - very good price

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Have you actually looked in the coolant tank or radiator? My son did a coolant flush on a cage, got in a jamb, I came to help and substance that should look, feel, smell and taste like coolant, was black, slippery and stunk to high heaven!
- Point; the coolant looked like engine oil. It was that nasty!

Bottom - line, be prepared for coolant flush and parts bill + new coolant!

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The service dept was saying that since there is no coolant, there is no reason to take apart the water seal? It's just oil. If coolant was leaking, then there would be additional problems.

FAIL! Best describes service response.... :shakehead::shakehead:
A coolant change will be involved in this repair! Just not an oil change! Lube will be extra! Blah

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Had my repairs done Snake River Yamaha, within walking distance from where I live.

http://www.snakeriveryamaha.com/

Replaced 2 orings, 4" hose to the water pump since it was shot and replaced the coolant. Parts and labor, plus tax. $92.17. Hopefully I can log some miles this weekend to ensure they fixed the leak.

2007Z6ALL-LED

Reaction score
Visit site
Had my repairs done Snake River Yamaha, within walking distance from where I live.

http://www.snakeriveryamaha.com/

Replaced 2 orings, 4" hose to the water pump since it was shot and replaced the coolant. Parts and labor, plus tax. $92.17. Hopefully I can log some miles this weekend to ensure they fixed the leak.

2 x orings = $13+, 4" hose = $5, coolant 50/50 = $11, roughly $30+ = parts + tx and $60+ labors

Cheap labor compare to California Socal,they charge $85/hour

However, I doubt that will fix the oil leak issue..they do not repair/fix oil leak but changing non-related parts (except the hose).

Good luck - just pay attention to the pump!