Led relay problems

MortyMcfly1

Reaction score
Visit site
Okay, I swapped the front turn singals and headlight for leds. I replaced the rear turn signals with sequential turn signals(leds) and yes I replaced the flasher relay with one for the leds. Now here's the weird part I'm struggling with. With the relay hooked up one way, the front signals flash but the back ones just stay lit solid. If I swap the wires on the relay then the back signals work properly while the front signals just get brighter and stay solid. Help! 2006 fz6. Thank you

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to our great forum!
With the relay installed in the direction where the front LED's blink there may be a problem with polarity/logic on the rear sequential lights. It may be worth a try using a diode on each sequential light so there is only forward current present in the supply to the sequential lights.
Try a couple of cheap 1N004 diode or inline automotive diode. https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/...b/littelfuse-1-amp-mini-diode/lit0/02400113xp
This will insure the sequential light circuit is only seeing a positive 12 vdc or 0 potential.

Last edited: