Been there doen that sadly.. check how far they are apart

Leo_1.jpg

Leo_2.jpg

kpaul

The Great Destroyer
Reaction score
www.xbox.com
Been there doen that sadly.. check how far they are apart

That blows. If you have a table grinder it's easiest, but I went out and got a little grinder attachment for my drill. I ground down the bracket in the middle until they fit. Unfortunately they will settle after the bike goes through a few heat cycles so you will need to check it again and if necessary, do some more grinding. Kind of a bummer because it decreases the resale value of the components, obviously. :\

Bryan-

Reaction score
Visit site
You grinded down your other parts to make this (badly manufactered) exhaust fit :eek: I notified my dealer and Leovince directly... I'll let you know what comes out of it.. I don't know any other sollution to fix it:(

philosopheriam

aka: Mr. Awesome
Reaction score
Visit site
Before anyone goes grinding anything - HOLD ON!!!!

There's nothing wrong with the pics above - everything will fit, it just takes some finesse.

Most fitment issues can be rectified by having the correct rotation on the midpipe (after the cat eliminator).

1. If you're standing behind the bike looking down the tail, rotate the midpipe clockwise until there is approximately 1/8" of clearance between the pipe and the right side of the tail frame assembly.

2. Attached the fender drop down bracket to the upper bracket, attach the upper bracket to the bike frame BUT DO NOT TIGHTEN THE BOLTS. This will allow you a bit of fudge room to slide the bracket left/right.

3. Install the left onto the pipe from the right can, and install the spring. rotate the cans clockwise/counterclockwise until they are aligned, and jigger them left/right to get the spacing correct.

4. The brackets that hold each can are aluminum, so the will bend outwards slightly to allow more clearance.

Hope this helps!

Bryan-

Reaction score
Visit site
Cheers, that's what I did! They are mounted.... but.... now the mid-pipe is touching the steel frame on the right. Can that do any harm or can I just leave it as is?

philosopheriam

Reaction score
Visit site
Cheers, that's what I did! They are mounted.... but.... now the mid-pipe is touching the steel frame on the right. Can that do any harm or can I just leave it as is?

You should rotate it just a touch counterclockwise so you have a smidge of clearance between the pipe and the frame.

Congrats, sir!

LunchBox04V

That Subaru Guy
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey folks, my Leo Vince Titaniums should be here in 48 hours. I am sure this will help tons. I did have one question though... I understand that there is one screw to to remove to take out the dB killers.... I was planning on starting without them installed. I have heard in searching that they can be a little tricky to remove. Is that due to running for a while with them and then taking it out, or just very snug? I also hear the screw is a "safety screw." aka it is made in such a way that it is very hard to take out.... any light on this would be great. Thanks ahead of time.

skeezle

Reaction score
Visit site
I couldn't be much happier with this exhaust! As many have experienced, it took some time to get the spacing just right. I was wondering what everyone used as a fender eliminator? I purched the Fazr6 FE and I am having trouble figuring out how it will attach. I think I may take everything apart and reattach. I don't thinke something is right because the plastec part that goes between the two pipes does not seem to fit like everyone else's.

philosopheriam

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey folks, my Leo Vince Titaniums should be here in 48 hours. I am sure this will help tons. I did have one question though... I understand that there is one screw to to remove to take out the dB killers.... I was planning on starting without them installed. I have heard in searching that they can be a little tricky to remove. Is that due to running for a while with them and then taking it out, or just very snug? I also hear the screw is a "safety screw." aka it is made in such a way that it is very hard to take out.... any light on this would be great. Thanks ahead of time.

Remove the screws to the DB killers, then use a rag (to prevent marring the end of the tube), clamp down on it with a vise grip, and wiggle/pull.

Voila - one removed DB killer.

bjohn913

Reaction score
Visit site
So I just installed a set of Leo Vince carbon fiber slip ons yesterday. I absolutely love the look and sound of them. I disconnected the battery during the install but the rpms still surged at idle..maybe about 200rpm or so. I tried disconnecting it again today and its still happening. Strangely enough it doesnt happen once i start riding and come to a stop. Anyone have any ideas?

Bikebiz

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Do yourself a favour and splurge on a Power Commander. It's the icing on the cake for the Leos. Other than that, can't think what it could be. You did the right thing with the battery.....

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
the rpms still surged at idle..maybe about 200rpm or so. I tried disconnecting it again today and its still happening. Strangely enough it doesnt happen once i start riding and come to a stop. Anyone have any ideas?

I had the same problem,I know at least one other here in Adelaide has as well.
I turned my idle up ,just a tiny bit,and it mostly disappeared.

fatboy71

Reaction score
Visit site
I know many might find it weird, but I ride with 2 GV35 panniers and a Kappa 48L top box. I'm thinking of slipping on Leo Vince but am not sure if diameter of the Leo Vince is bigger than the stock Yamaha headers. Anyone has done this before? I can get custom make the racks to accommodate my current setup but thought I checked if anyone got any ideas. Thanks.

DEATH4OF4

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a power commander 3 with the leo's + bcm filter. Also got the map off the power commander the web site. I have the surge on idle but not when riding.the surge is still there at a stop in 1st gear. With the db killers out it sounds hella better but the surge is worse. It still runs and goes though. I would like to adjust my idle if i knew where it was (any help). Does any one think that i could fine tune it with the power commander. Could there be a better map for the pipes with the db's taken out as it affects the back pressure. Oh yea... With them out the bikes harder to start and just doesn't sound right to me, i'm sure somethings gotta be tweaked but what.

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
I would like to adjust my idle if i knew where it was (any help).

The idle set screw is on left side of bike under the tank but you need not lift the tank up to get at it. look toward the 1/3 front of tank (underneath tank through the space between the tank and frame). It is a phillips screw and really is kind of hard to miss if you look in the right spot. The factory idle setting should be >=1250 but <=1350. You can raise it up a bit and see if that helps. turn clockwise to raise the idle speed and counter to decrease it

DEATH4OF4

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the reply, i read more threads then went and found it. I didnt get to try messing with it though, but will tomorrow. I think i have to sync the throttle, but someone said tweeking the idle helped too. I also unpluged the batt. For 15 min then started it, sounded alot better. I will know more tomorrow.

Ty,
d

DEATH4OF4

Reaction score
Visit site
Well it didn't work. Tac still bounces around. It seems to run fine though. I ended up taking the db killers out again cause i figured if its going to bounce around or surge it will at least sound good. Does anyone think, that if i sync the throttle it would get rid of the tac fluctuation, or is it nothing to be concerned with. I did adjust the power commander manually by making it run 1 bar richer seemed to help a bit at first, feels the same as before after a 2 hour ride. I have the leo vince with stock or after market air filter map.

sobe

Reaction score
Visit site
Bear with me, tried to do an extensive step-by-step for everyone who is considering this. First thing is to dis-connect battery so the electronic control will reset for the new exhaust flow. I left it undone for the whole install.

hey Jman.. i just installed my exhaust but i did not disconnect the battery.... so can i actually dis-connect the battery now and how long do i have to wait before i connect it back again?