Leo Vince Install

dblaze

Reaction score
Visit site
Hope this helps

If you disconnect the battery for about 10 mins, the ECU resets and calibrates itself when you next start the bike. Only on '07 and onwards models, as the earlier models didn't have the oxygen senser.

Do it, it should make it run smoother.

:)

sobe

Reaction score
Visit site
i have unplug my batt for 10 mins and reconnect it back.. but how would i know if the ECU has reset the air flow?? Is there any indication in the system saying that the CO2 is being reset??

Last edited:

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I drove through a tank of gas today riding around central Virginia. I must say, I really do still love and enjoy the sound of the Leo's!:rockon:

ZünRob

Reaction score
Visit site
This might not be the correct thread, but I've read elsewhere that by installing the Leo's you can make the on/off throttle response dissapear for quite a big part. Is this true? And can somebody explain to me how this works, and why it softens the on/off response? :)

However, I'm also thinking about installing the carbon version! I really do love the sound. I'm only wondering if it doesn't get annoying after a while...

sixsix

Reaction score
Visit site
Well it didn't work. Tac still bounces around. It seems to run fine though. I ended up taking the db killers out again cause i figured if its going to bounce around or surge it will at least sound good. Does anyone think, that if i sync the throttle it would get rid of the tac fluctuation, or is it nothing to be concerned with. I did adjust the power commander manually by making it run 1 bar richer seemed to help a bit at first, feels the same as before after a 2 hour ride. I have the leo vince with stock or after market air filter map.

This is how mine idles when it's cold, with the db killers out. It's not as noticable with them in. Others have told me it's normal and the bike still runs fine and the the idle usually smooths out once it's warmed up

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EgrUrt6Fvg]YouTube - Fz6 idle[/ame]

Mr Buck

Born on the wrong side
Reaction score
Visit site
I may get some grief for this, but here goes..

It doesnt matter what your engine runs like cold, 9 times out of 10 engines run like a bag of spanners when cold simply because they are not designed to run cold.

The ecu tends to chuck fuel in to get the the block warmed up, hence why the tickover generally settles down after a short while.

ALL, and i'll stress again, ALL adjustments should be made when the engine is at its normal operating temperature if you want your engine to run propperly and respond accurately.

Andrew

seb101

Reaction score
Visit site
hey i've asked the question in the topic about huge leo vince sellout going on but since you guys have already leo's installed and you might still have the packaging of it can you tell me the dimensions of the box ?

I know it sounds rather odd but i'll have to ship it from states to europe (since the leovinceusa.com doesn't ship outside US i'll be shipping it from friends place in states to me) using USPS so im wondering how much postage it will be and the dimensions of the package will really help out.

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi-
Saw your question earlier but it was a nice weather today in these parts so I was out riding.

The box dimensions are

H: 14 inches
W: 7 Inches
L: 26 Inches

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I ordered mine from the sell off and will use this thread to install next week when i receive them. SWEET. I can''t wait. Thanks for all the information JMAN great write up and photos. YOU ROCK.

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
MXG-
the hardest part of the install is installing the hangars/getting the rubber gaskets to line up... take your time with it. Loving these things!!!

AngelFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
Thank you so very much JMAN.

In my case your instructions served to verify my work since I found them after I did the installation:rolleyes:

I did have the same problem with the same screw a couple of people have mentioned here, I replaced those screws.
I still need to try to move/adjust the shortest can since it touches the bottom extension/support for the license plate/turn signals holder.

I indeed did not disconnect the battery. I'll have that pending to do.

So, now what:
1) Disconnect the battery for new auto-adjustment of the ECU. I'll do this
2) Custom map (Dyno). Is it really necessary or not needed after auto-adjustment of the ECU?
3) Power commander. What is the advantage of this? If I'm not mistaken, you have customs/preset maps and can also have manual control of the gas/air mix - I'm sorry but I'm not too knowledgeable about this!!!!

I left the DB killers.

Have you guys found any noticeable performance improvements?

Do I need to follow most of the options listed above (I do not know if there are any more) to find out about performance improvement?

I have also read about millage/gas improvement with aftermarket exhausts, any comments on this?

Thank you,

Angel

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thank you so very much JMAN.

In my case your instructions served to verify my work since I found them after I did the installation:rolleyes:

I did have the same problem with the same screw a couple of people have mentioned here, I replaced those screws.
I still need to try to move/adjust the shortest can since it touches the bottom extension/support for the license plate/turn signals holder.

I indeed did not disconnect the battery. I'll have that pending to do.

So, now what:
1) Disconnect the battery for new auto-adjustment of the ECU. I'll do this
2) Custom map (Dyno). Is it really necessary or not needed after auto-adjustment of the ECU?
3) Power commander. What is the advantage of this? If I'm not mistaken, you have customs/preset maps and can also have manual control of the gas/air mix - I'm sorry but I'm not too knowledgeable about this!!!!

I left the DB killers.

Have you guys found any noticeable performance improvements?

Do I need to follow most of the options listed above (I do not know if there are any more) to find out about performance improvement?

I have also read about millage/gas improvement with aftermarket exhausts, any comments on this?

Thank you,

Angel

To be honest, I don't think a PCIII with a custom map is really worth the money. It does offer a slight improvement, but not equal to the amount of money it costs if you know what I mean. I think unplugging the battery for a few minutes is perfectly fine.:thumbup:

AngelFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
To be honest, I don't think a PCIII with a custom map is really worth the money. It does offer a slight improvement, but not equal to the amount of money it costs if you know what I mean. I think unplugging the battery for a few minutes is perfectly fine.:thumbup:

Thank you very much, this is what I'll do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djstrong

Reaction score
Visit site
I just installed new Leo Aluminum.

I did not disconnect the battery, and after a couple miles it seemed to run great. Soon the battery comes out for the winter. I will not need a PCIII.

For the first ride, I tried without the DB killers, and the idle did hunt. I put in the DB killers, and everything is perfect after just a few miles of riding. Sound is way better than stock, Idle is very smooth, but I recently synced the TB which probably helps. I prefer the DB killers installed.

Throttle responce is also better, and the on/off jerk some forum members have reported is also improved with the LEO's. For the type of low/mid throttle riding I do, it is a much better feeling bike. I'm not sure if power is improved, but it feels "stronger".

I also found shifting improved. I thought this was in my mind, but after a day of riding, I believe it is better due to improved throttle responce, and my (poor) shift timing.

I love the sound, but my neighbors don't. Since I leave at 5:30 every morning I'm thinking of going back to stock just cause I don't want to annoy them.

Happy riding.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I also found shifting improved. I thought this was in my mind, but after a day of riding, I believe it is better due to improved throttle responce, and my (poor) shift timing.

My guess: It's because you can hear the engine better so your rpm matching has improved :D

tcmalker

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Leo Vince Install HELP!!!

After that, you can remove the whole upper rear assembly. Dis-connect the lighting connector and remove the bolts where the wrenches are shown(six all together).

Please Help!!! I'm stuck on this step because I don't know how to take out the wires for the 2 clear tubes (first picture). Only today and tomorrow will be nice enough to do this install.

**update** I ended up leaving those wires connected, installed in 4.5 hours. Without db killer is TOOOOO loud!!!!! Some problems to mention:

1. left can touching license support
2. the bracket for the license plate holder did not fit well (too tight)
3. rear brake light seemed to have too much gap
4. water seems to be coming out under bike and from the exhaust, don't remember that happening with stock exhaust

Will upload pictures later so you know what i'm talking about.

Last edited: