Leo Vince SBK + K&N filter bike runs weird now

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
What's the highest you raised the C0 values too?

Gap is <0.028" or 0.7mm IIRC

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
It should not.

Im not saying this will solve your issue but leaner mixtures are harder to burn. With an increased gap it could be a factor. Unlikely it is the sole contributor but loosely speeaking you could be 0.004 to 0.006 over spec. Keep in mind they wear over time so that gap increases as you ride. So, you might want to get that gap under 0.7 and closer to 0.6mm

rcruz17

Reaction score
Visit site
It should not.

Im not saying this will solve your issue but leaner mixtures are harder to burn. With an increased gap it could be a factor. Unlikely it is the sole contributor but loosely speeaking you could be 0.004 to 0.006 over spec. Keep in mind they wear over time so that gap increases as you ride. So, you might want to get that gap under 0.7 and closer to 0.6mm

Ok i actually didnt even touch them just measured them all and they were at 0.8mm whichwas within spec so installed them like that.

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
OK.... spec is .7 to .6mm
When you chase yer tail cuz a bunch of little things stack up against you, don't say you weren't warned!!!

rcruz17

Reaction score
Visit site
OK.... spec is .7 to .6mm
When you chase yer tail cuz a bunch of little things stack up against you, don't say you weren't warned!!!

So I just fixed bike or at least found a new problem?

So i just put a new coil for cylinder 2+3 and fired her up and noticed a change in the exhaust note, it was no longer surging every few seconds it was now more consistent. Im at my buddys garage so i took his dirt bike exhaust plug and stuck it inside one of the cans and immediately bike went to a 1200-1260 steady idle and stays there! She revs up smooth and comes back down smooth!. I will upload a video later but if you notice on the first video I posted i covered a muffler like finallimpact suggested and nothing changed....

What do the db killers for my leo vince look like? I had emailed them before installing it and they said they didnt sell any parts for it anymore.

Zealot

The Village Idiot
Reaction score
Visit site
This is the video after changing the coilpack, nothing else was changed at this point.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/I-8sHXuef7I

In this video all I did was plug up one of the mufflers.
https://www.youtube.com/embed/Wpzo5dGaf0U

My fizzer with TB pipes used to sound just like that. My buddy, with the same, idles perfectly fine. Covering one of the pipes fixed it much the same. I couldn't figure it out for the life of me, aside from turning my TB screws in slightly to richen the mix - which helped marginally.

Your bike should run good at this point though, no? Mine sounded like that at idle (try turning yours up slightly, too, maybe closer to 14 or 1500) but ran fine otherwise!

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey, im trying to mock up an ecu, crank sensor pick up, ignition coils, TPS, injectors, and vacuum sensor.

The TB you have laying there likely have TPS, vacuum, and injectors. Do you want to sell them?

rcruz17

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey, im trying to mock up an ecu, crank sensor pick up, ignition coils, TPS, injectors, and vacuum sensor.

The TB you have laying there likely have TPS, vacuum, and injectors. Do you want to sell them?

Yes the only thing it doesnt have is the electrical connections I also have an FZ6 ecu that came bundled with the coils i purchased.

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Post a picture. I have an ecu and wire harness.
Fleebay has the whole TB assembly with all items mentioned above for $50 shipped. Which is cheaper than a used TPS. lol

Its just a play project to see if I can build my own ignition map. What year is the ecu from?

rcruz17

Reaction score
Visit site
Post a picture. I have an ecu and wire harness.
Fleebay has the whole TB assembly with all items mentioned above for $50 shipped. Which is cheaper than a used TPS. lol

Its just a play project to see if I can build my own ignition map. What year is the ecu from?

Yea thats what I bought on ebay. If you want to email me [email protected] i can send you pics faster than trying to attach them on my phone. If not wont get to a desktop until sunday.

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Thx!
Quickly: if the oem wire connectors are cut off or missing, i dont want it.