Little clip thing on the rear brake support bracket?

zixaq

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
An "oh ****, an extra part" moment:

Spent about six hours fussing with the bike the other day, finally got everything back together as the garage was closing (had to leave NOW), and found the little thin clip that is part of the rear brake caliper's support bracket.

Can anyone explain to me where exactly this goes and how important it is? It fell off during disassembly so I didn't see where it came from. FSM diagrams don't even mention it, and the exploded OEM diagrams on Bike Bandit don't actually label it or show how it goes back on.

halp?

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Its an anti-rattle/squeek spring.

It goes in with the brake pads and keeps them from floating forward and backward...

Pull the caliper, brake pads, see below pic, #10 (should only be one way-at that end shown).

Then when you re-install the pads, you should have to push the pads slightly against it (keeping tension on it).

Re-install the caliper, etc..

Last edited:

zixaq

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Oh thank god, I don't have to take the @#$(*@ wheel off again.

Now I just need it to stop raining for a bit.

Thank you.

TKo1

Reaction score
Visit site
IMG_3234.jpg

Working on my brakes and know exactly what you're talking about. See attached picture...It's not that clear but if you zoom in you can see it. Hope this helps.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
If you had the rear wheel off, just MAKE sure the main caliper holder (part #10), which has a SLOT, IS INSERTED correctly with the swing-arm.[/U][/B]

It very easy to miss that.

Last edited:

zixaq

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If you had the rear wheel off, just MAKE sure the main caliper holder (part #10), which has a SLOT, IS INSERTED correctly with the swing-arm.[/U][/B]

It very easy to miss that.

Oh, I got well acquainted with that particular error yesterday. Got the axle 3/4 of the way in and then everything was wedged all ****ways and I couldn't figure out why.