Looking into converting my bike

kevmister28

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello, so i have been looking into co verting my bike to naked or full fairing but i have some concerns. Naked i find will look way better then adding lower fairing, but the wind protection will decrease right? I just want to know how stable will this bike be at higher speeds? And i do alot of long trips will converting this bike to naked make this trips not fun because of all the wind and stability issues of having a naked bike?
Thank you for your help

Sent from my LG-E971 using Tapatalk 2

fazil

Reaction score
Visit site
I converted my bike to naked last year. But i usally ride in city and occasionally go to long trips. So i am very happy with the conversion. I hated those cheap plastic fairings. Steering feeling is more light and better after strip.

Long trips will be more windy of course without the screen. But you can fit a screen after naked conversion. I put a yamaha oem screen, that was much better.

i don't think you'll be dissapointed with going naked.

fazil

Reaction score
Visit site
No i don't think it is less aerodynmaic at high speeds but, you'll have more wind through your head. But a flyscreen will elliminate some of the wind.

But if you're always riding at high speeds more than 100-120km/h it's better with the fairings against wind.

kevmister28

Reaction score
Visit site
I dont always ride at high speeds but i dont want to limit myself either, so if the onky thing is a bit more wind, but i will buy the small windshield for longerrides. I think i will do the conversion this summer

Sent from my LG-E971 using Tapatalk 2

Chantal

Reaction score
Visit site
Post pics of your bike when you are done with the conversion...I want to convert my bike too this summer ;)

red_rock_beetle

Reaction score
Visit site
i converted mine last year and love it, as for high speeds i have been 120+ with no problems, you will be slightly tucking but its not bad

702821aa.jpg

JoeSTL

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello, so i have been looking into co verting my bike to naked or full fairing but i have some concerns. Naked i find will look way better then adding lower fairing, but the wind protection will decrease right? I just want to know how stable will this bike be at higher speeds? And i do alot of long trips will converting this bike to naked make this trips not fun because of all the wind and stability issues of having a naked bike?
Thank you for your help

Or you could just leave it the way it is! You can alway change other things to make the bike look cooler, if that's that you want.

If you go completely naked, I think it does look cooler. Though there is a hell of a lot less wind protection. Mostly noticeable on longer rides. If you ever plan on taking your bike out of town, or on a longer trip, then you'll wish you had a touring windscreen. Without it, you will feel the wind pressure on your head and chest. Though there are a ton of those harley or cruiser people that ride cross country with no wind protection at all. So it's definitely doable.

Don't worry about the stability of the bike. The FZ is plenty stable in full fairing or totally naked.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do!