Lost Keys

cmantis

Reaction score
Visit site
So my house was robbed and one of the items taken was my end table with my bike keys in it. I have my FZ6 keys but I am missing a key to a Honda xr50 and more importantly an 87 Yamaha YSR50 which has a key for ignition and gas tank. I figure that the ignitions can just be changed but what do I do about the gas tank?

I was able to get a key cut for one of my older bikes by giving them the serial number. Check with a Yamaha dealer, it can take a while though. Failing that your local locksmith or criminal element while be able to pick the lock on the tank to open it up.

Blah.. that sucks, Dave :(

I know for a fact that a locksmith can make a new key for ignition. Friend of mine lost his key to a Ninja 600. Locksmith didn't need a serial number or anything.. he just needed about 30 minutes with the bike.

It wasn't cheap though :(

Gas tank would probably be cheaper to pick and then replace the cap.

If you had house keys lost, I hope you've changed out your locks.

I'm sickened to hear that yet another member has been robbed! I hope they catch the little wankers and you can recover some things :(

I'm sickened to hear that yet another member has been robbed! I hope they catch the little wankers and you can recover some things :(

Not to hijack the thread or anything but just to make you feel more sick :Flash:, my Ninja 250r was stolen about a month ago right out of my parking space ;O.

Back