Lots of twisties corrected the odd tire pattern

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
We went for 200+ mile ride today holding 70'ish mph speeds throughout most all of the ride (corners and straights) and I'm going to say that at least 65% of the ride was negotiating turns. :thumbup:

On my pre-ride inspection I saw the left side of the front tire had the razor edge thing going on the OEM tire. Post ride inspection after having the pegs near the asphalt several times and the tire no longer has that grabby edge when you run your hand backwards over the tread! The razor look is gone!

I'd been doing some commuting which offered few corners at speed so I guess that's how it got that way.
But I still don't see why why its wearing making a razor pattern on one side in the first place. :confused:

Anyway it was an awesome Ride even at 96F outside as it was mostly along very twisted rivers! ;)

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Nothing like a good ride..Well almost nothing :BLAA:

Goop and I rode out this morning to our playground and even though the desert was not that hot it was I think around 95. The high elevations and westward near the coast where we live was really cool today. We got to heat those tires in quite a few twisties. :rockon:

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If you commute a lot with few corners it will be the camber of the road that wears the front on one side,has happened to me ,but on the opposite side,lol

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
<I'd been doing some commuting which offered few corners at speed so I guess that's how it got that way.
But I still don't see why why its wearing making a razor pattern on one side in the first place.>

The left side of the lane is higher than the right. The crown in the road to drain off rain water.

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Define "razor edge"? My front tire has some strange wear too. (Michelin Road 2)
The wear produces heavy vibration at speed.

If you run your hand against the direction of rotation the leading edge is raised slightly and you can feel it catch your hand but only on the left. The right side (as viewed by sitting on the bike) doesn't have this razor like edge.
On an Auto, excessive toe-out/toe-in can cause this feathering of the outer edge of the tires treads.

Mine doesn't have any vibes, but pushing it through the corners on the hot day had the tire warmer than I've ever felt it. Plus I had it leaned over a good deal. Corner marker suggested speed = 25, actual speed 66'ish. I'm sure we could have pushed it more but its not a track and that was comfortable.

Imagine 30miles of travel and never encountering a cage - prolly due to all the forest fires and the absolute remote location. Hint US Forest Service land and roads are well maintained! :thumbup: Our tax dollars hard at work! :rolleyes:

edit: fyi: my buddy has kawa ZRX 1200 with ohlins front and rear, good tires and lots of mods. He nearly had his pegs in too. But at days end, both bikes still have the chicken strips... :(

Last edited:

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Nothing like a good ride..Well almost nothing :BLAA:

Goop and I rode out this morning to our playground and even though the desert was not that hot it was I think around 95. The high elevations and westward near the coast where we live was really cool today. We got to heat those tires in quite a few twisties. :rockon:

Sounds very pleasant!
Riding along all these rivers out here is stunning. Not to mention stopping at the reservoirs/lakes to take in the sights (bikini's :spank:).

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
A pic for future reference if the pattern comes back.
DSC_4267frontTireWear7500miles.jpg

The rear - both OEM at 7500miles.
DSC_4259RearTireWear7500miles.jpg

You guys check mpg?? Having way too much to care about that! I bet it was in upper 40's tho! :thumbup:

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You guys check mpg?? Having way too much to care about that! I bet it was in upper 40's tho! :thumbup:

LMFAO!! No sorry for the confusion I was attempting some Comic Satire.......... Satire is primarily a literary genre or form, although in practice it can also be found in the graphic and performing arts. In satire, vices, follies, abuses, and shortcomings are held up to ridicule, ideally with the intent of shaming individuals, and society itself, into improvement.[1] Although satire is usually meant to be funny, its greater purpose is often constructive social criticism, using wit as a weapon.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
A pic for future reference if the pattern comes back.
DSC_4267frontTireWear7500miles.jpg

The rear - both OEM at 7500miles.
DSC_4259RearTireWear7500miles.jpg

You have the Bridgestone BT-20 and that's probably th OEM tires from the factory on there. I had the same problem with cupping in the front and I felt like the tread design helped develop the anomalies early on.

LMFAO!! No sorry for the confusion I was attempting some Comic Satire.......... Satire is primarily a literary genre or form, although in practice it can also be found in the graphic and performing arts. In satire, vices, follies, abuses, and shortcomings are held up to ridicule, ideally with the intent of shaming individuals, and society itself, into improvement.[1] Although satire is usually meant to be funny, its greater purpose is often constructive social criticism, using wit as a weapon.
LMAO :rof:

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

This is an Excellent time for this. . . . Senseless wit spun 360! :welcome:

Where's the -10 Thanks button !! :spank: :eek: :( LMFAO!!

HaHaHa - - -
:spank: :eek: !!