Lower Seat / Lower Bike?

Heather

Reaction score
Visit site
I desperately need to fix something so that my feet are flat on the ground when I'm on my 2008 FZ6. This translates to an inch or so of height. It was recommended to me that I start with the seat.
Does anyone know what the latest version of the Yamaha FZ6 Comfort Gel Seat is like - and will it reduce any height?
I've also looked at the topsellerie seat (and read through the "my arse hurts" thread), but will the Euro Fazer seats fit the North American version of the FZ6? http://www.topsellerie.com/en-ca/YA...ol-tank-covers-tank-bags-motorbike_8_297.html
I'm also thinking that perhaps I should try lowering the suspension - is this a viable option? :confused:
And does anyone have any experience with lowering kits? I understand this isn't recommended...
The last option is to buy boots with heels... http://www.cyclegear.com/spgm.cfm?item=PAR_3403-0078_G (they look OK, but woudn't be much fun to walk in if ever necessary!)
Again, any advice would be most appreciated!

Last edited:

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
how about some platforms.. just kidding... i believe you can make the rear suspenion softer, which would lower it maybe a little, but you'll sacrifice ride quality..

yes the euro seat will fit a non-euro fz6, just make sure they are the same year and everything will fit right.. might want to shoot them an email asking about lowered seat's.. they'll help you out..

i wouldn't go with heels.. you could get them stuck in the pegs or wheel or something.. just can't see riding a fz6 in heels.. good luck to ya..

Last edited:

AJ_rider

Published FIZZER
Reaction score
Visit site
You may also want to look into shaving down the seat, I'm not sure how much room it will give you but it should help if you're only looking for an inch or so.

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Try using the search button there are lots of threads about this, including DIY seat lowering.

You lower the seat not the bike.

You can get a Yamaha lowered seat but only from Europe. I have one and it is great.

Steve

SueMc

Reaction score
Visit site
I had to have an inch shaved off the foam of the stock seat so I could *tiptoe* with both feet, instead of just one! I made arrangements with the dealer (Walt Healy Motorsports) before I even picked up the bike (April 2008). There is an upholstery place accross the street from Walt's, and that's where they sent it. I don't know what the exact cost was, it was part of a few extra things I had done, but I think it might have been about $120.

They did a very good job, and it's reasonably comfortable, although I do put padded bicycle shorts on under my riding pants for any long trips!

ajl

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Heather, just bought my wife an 08 fz6 last week. Just finished lowering it.
I used a Hyperpro 30mm lower rear spring & dropped the forks 1". This was fairly easy to do. The rear spring cost about 115.00. We just did a 100mi ride this morning & she loves it. You will also have to lower the side kick stand about 3/4" ( I did this by cutting a section out & welding it back together ).
My wife can now reach the ground easilly. She says that the fz6 now handles as good as her Suzuki sv650s. You can find the rear spring at hyperpro.com.

Andy