Visit site
I think that will fit nicely beside my "other" Marshall.....:BLAA:

Marshall-Stack.jpg

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Lol! Thats awesome!

Every Muso out there will want one for the rehearsal room, studio, etc...

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
are those pedals for your bass? what are they?

Yup,
Front row from left:
English Muff'n tube overdrive, Sansamp VT Bass drive, Bad Monkey distortion pedal, and the Marshall pedal which switches from clean drive to tube drive to combination of both on the head.
Back row: Fab chorus pedal and a Zoom B2.1 modeling pedal that I use mostly for a tuner plus a couple of cabinet emulators that I like.

dean owens

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.ccf-unc.org
Yup,
Front row from left:
English Muff'n tube overdrive, Sansamp VT Bass drive, Bad Monkey distortion pedal, and the Marshall pedal which switches from clean drive to tube drive to combination of both on the head.
Back row: Fab chorus pedal and a Zoom B2.1 modeling pedal that I use mostly for a tuner plus a couple of cabinet emulators that I like.

what do you play that you need all that for the bass? don't get me wrong, i like a little grit in the bass. i play a spector through a gk. nothing better than driving the snot out of it... but i've never thought to have a distortion pedal. well, except when i was 12-13 and trying to learn anesthesia.

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
what do you play that you need all that for the bass? don't get me wrong, i like a little grit in the bass. i play a spector through a gk. nothing better than driving the snot out of it... but i've never thought to have a distortion pedal. well, except when i was 12-13 and trying to learn anesthesia.

The Bad Monkey was cheap and I use it occasionally playing some White Stripes, Queens of the Stone Age, and a few 60's songs...
It's just fun to use no and again. :D

I had a GK set up before the Marshall, I really miss that set up. Envious of your Spector though. :drool: Luckily for me I had to learn to play left handed due to an accident which keeps my bass choices sort of in check. I do have a custom built G & L and a couple of MIJ Fender's, one Jazz and one Precision.

dean owens

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.ccf-unc.org
The only question I have is, Does it go to 11?
that's the great thing about tweeds... they go to 12 :rockon:

The Bad Monkey was cheap and I use it occasionally playing some White Stripes, Queens of the Stone Age, and a few 60's songs...

I had a GK set up before the Marshall, I really miss that set up. Envious of your Spector though. :drool: Luckily for me I had to learn to play left handed due to an accident which keeps my bass choices sort of in check. I do have a custom built G & L and a couple of MIJ Fender's, one Jazz and one Precision.
you're envious of the spector and i'm envious of the multi-basses. sad thing about playing guitar and bass is that they all look like guitars to my wife. i have one electric (MIM telecaster), one acoustic (takamine), and one bass PLUS one electric and acoustic that i inherited when my brother died. the later two are cheap and not great to play. so as far as my wife is concerned i have 5 guitars. :rolleyes: in her mind i only need one. :eek:

btw, it took me 20 years to finally find a spector in a price range i could handle. when i first started playing that's what all my heros were playing. I started playing because of Rachel Bolan and really wanted this white spector.
RachelBolan.jpg

i also wanted the chain going from my nose to my ear. :thumbup:

years later i finally found a rebop i could afford.
HPIM0742.jpg

change out the pups to a 40tw in the bridge and a 40dc in the neck and a emg bqc preamp and i have the sound i have always wanted. the only way i'd give it up now is if i could get a hold of an early euro 5-string that is a 34" scale. moving up to a 35" took some getting used to and there are some triple octave things i can't do on this bass.

if i were ever allowed a second bass i'd be looking into a fretless 5-string jazz. when i'm old... kids are out of the house... that's one of the first purchases i'm making.

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
that's the great thing about tweeds... they go to 12 :rockon:

you're envious of the spector and i'm envious of the multi-basses. sad thing about playing guitar and bass is that they all look like guitars to my wife. i have one electric (MIM telecaster), one acoustic (takamine), and one bass PLUS one electric and acoustic that i inherited when my brother died. the later two are cheap and not great to play. so as far as my wife is concerned i have 5 guitars. :rolleyes: in her mind i only need one. :eek:

btw, it took me 20 years to finally find a spector in a price range i could handle. when i first started playing that's what all my heros were playing. I started playing because of Rachel Bolan and really wanted this white spector.
RachelBolan.jpg

i also wanted the chain going from my nose to my ear. :thumbup:

years later i finally found a rebop i could afford.
HPIM0742.jpg

change out the pups to a 40tw in the bridge and a 40dc in the neck and a emg bqc preamp and i have the sound i have always wanted. the only way i'd give it up now is if i could get a hold of an early euro 5-string that is a 34" scale. moving up to a 35" took some getting used to and there are some triple octave things i can't do on this bass.

if i were ever allowed a second bass i'd be looking into a fretless 5-string jazz. when i'm old... kids are out of the house... that's one of the first purchases i'm making.

LOL, I am old and my kids are out of the house. :thumbup: That's probably why I have the basses (and FZ6) I have!
Love your bass, especially the neck. As far as multiple basses I'm pretty lucky compared to talented. My wife thinks they're works of art, which is why they're hanging on the wall of my "man cave".

Oh, and Dean...you're never too old for the nose/ear ring with the chain! :rockon: Just ask the forum members who know me about my sleeves and ear rings...

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Now you're talking :rockon:

I workship Jack White :bow:. And Josh Homme :drool: