maverick1970 crashed the StreetFighter

Maverick

Reaction score
Visit site
Take care of yourself! Too bad about the bike; you put a lot into her. Hopefully, when you're feeling better, you'll find a suitable replacement.

I have never owned a maverick car, in case anyone was wondering...

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nasty stuff....looks like your headlight unit is ok? and your rearsets, look fixable, so there is money there....TB's look like they took a nasty hit! :(

Such a pity, when such a nice bike gets banged up...

Still, glad your here to tell us about it.

:thumbup:

Skrapiron

Mr. Know-It-All
Reaction score
Visit site
First off, I'm glad you're ok! Wrecks suck! I know, I ate pavement last May...

Second, congrats on choosing to gear up for the ride. Too often I see riders in little more than a helmet, tank top and flip flops. The outcome of such an event would undoubtedly be much worse had you been wearing less than you did....

Heal fast and heal well!

Cloned

Tiger Trainer
Reaction score
Visit site
It honestly doesn't look THAT bad, if it weren't for that arm broken off the frame, I would say it's an easy fix. You can usually find a subframe on ebay for around 150 (I got mine for 90), and I've seen frames go for as low as 500, though not often. With all the work involved of replacing the frame, you might part if out and use the money for a new one.

It would have been much much worse if not for your gear.

knightrider

Reaction score
Visit site
Glad you are ok and not too badly off as far as personal injuries. Do the PT and you will be good as new.

When I crashed my FZ6 the Motivation slider broke off same as yours taking the same arm off my frame. That will definitely total the bike out. That's what they did for me.

Hope you feel better soon and get back on a bike when you're able. :)

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
yeah me too. that's why i use that as my username on nearly everything.

maverick.jpg
Man, that pic brought a smile to my face! :D Mine was baby-**** green, don't even know if I have a picture anywhere...

Skrapiron

Mr. Know-It-All
Reaction score
Visit site

maverick1970

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the links. I'm not sure what I'm going to do right now. The bike is definitely totaled. I only had liability on the bike so I'm eating the costs of the loss. I'm trying to sell things that I don't need right now so that I can pay for my hospital bill. Thank gosh for insurance.

2010-04-28135554.jpg

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm sure you would prefer not to have it to post, but thanks for posting your cool ex-ray!! :D
I hope the hand is healing up well for you.

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
How could you only have liability on such a bike?!?!?!? You're crazy!!! :) Get proper insurance ppl...

So no cops were involved? no reports? no witnesses? Since you're paying all the bills yourself I assume that no-one else was involved? you still have absolutely no idea what happened?

Good luck again.... that bike was pure sickness :(

jrevans

Old-School Member
Reaction score
jrevans.fbody.com
How could you only have liability on such a bike?!?!?!? You're crazy!!! :) Get proper insurance ppl...

It's all a matter of playing the odds.

I also do not have collision coverage on my machine, but at least do have comprehensive and everything else. The rates were just too high for me to justify collision coverage, and I figure that I've probably saved enough since 2004 to pay for any damages.... But, of course, I could have totaled the FZ6 back in 2004 and been screwed.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
oh man. that is painful to see the bike after it was so painstakingly modded.

RIP Maverick's Streetfighter. You sure were purdy. But you are with Wavex 2.0 now in the moto-heaven.

speedfrk

Custom Painter
Reaction score
www.nationalsuperbike.com
oh man. that is painful to see the bike after it was so painstakingly modded.

RIP Maverick's Streetfighter. You sure were purdy. But you are with Wavex 2.0 now in the moto-heaven.

Seems like the good ones die young... The kid I sold this bike to wadded it up about a month after he bought it... It was so pretty.
Anyway Maverick, I have a bunch of used parts contacts when you decide to start piecing it together again. I might be able to find you a frame with paperwork if I get lucky...

tn_IMG_7706.JPG

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It's all a matter of playing the odds.

I also do not have collision coverage on my machine, but at least do have comprehensive and everything else. The rates were just too high for me to justify collision coverage, and I figure that I've probably saved enough since 2004 to pay for any damages.... But, of course, I could have totaled the FZ6 back in 2004 and been screwed.
Wouldn't risk that in Australia.

We have all our bikes/cars everything fully insured - accident, fire theft. They are worth too much not to.....

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wouldn't risk that in Australia.

We have all our bikes/cars everything fully insured - accident, fire theft. They are worth too much not to.....

I have my modified bike insured for $22000 replacement value..,and the insurance company has a list of all my mods, how much each mod cost, and i keep a file with all the receipts for everything that i have bought...

The $22000 replacement value, put my insurance up from $330 a year to $890 a year....worth every penny if anything "orrible" ever happens....like theft, or a nasty bingle!

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have my modified bike insured for $22000 replacement value..,and the insurance company has a list of all my mods, how much each mod cost, and i keep a file with all the receipts for everything that i have bought...

The $22000 replacement value, put my insurance up from $330 a year to $890 a year....worth every penny if anything "orrible" ever happens....like theft, or a nasty bingle!

Have done exactly the same - added pipes etc. Worth the extra money.

maverick1970

Reaction score
Visit site
It honestly doesn't look THAT bad, if it weren't for that arm broken off the frame, I would say it's an easy fix. You can usually find a subframe on ebay for around 150 (I got mine for 90), and I've seen frames go for as low as 500, though not often. With all the work involved of replacing the frame, you might part if out and use the money for a new one.

It would have been much much worse if not for your gear.

Your post is exactly what I've thought and pondered about. I have walked around my bike probably 100 times over the last week and a half trying to decide what to do. Finally I covered the bike up with my motorcycle cover and decided that I'll get around to parting it out once my hand heals.