Mirror SWAP!? CBR 1000RR to FZ6????

adamrgreenspan

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello folks,

First of all I have read many threads of this forum that have given me great advise and in every area of my beloved 2008 fz6 THANKS!!!

I have just joined the forum today as I have an interesting MOD idea for my bike and I haven't seen anyone do it or say if its even a possibility but I think

it would look great on my bike! OKAY so here's the question, I've recently had a buddy get a 2009 Honda CBR 1000RR sweet bike blah blah blah BUT

one of the things I love the most it the stock mirror setup he has on the bike they are meaty integrated turn signals and they have a much better look than

the stock mirrors on my bike. I've bought cheapo integrated mirrors before but they SUCKED and at high speeds would literally fold in toward the bike

NOT GOOD I know the CBR's stock mirrors are very solid in high speeds and are very bright plus they just look great I must admit!

I REALLY WANT these mirrors on my bike the question is however if they would even fit on my bike it would be worth drilling a bigger hole into the front

fairing if they would fit flush onto the bike but I would like some advise before I make the push for a monster challenge! HELP ME OUT GUYS!!

beatle

Reaction score
Visit site
Don't know if it's ever been tried here. Some people swap R6 mirrors on for their lower angle, but they don't include turn signals.

You're probably in the best position to check if your buddy would let you pull one of his mirrors off to see if it would fit on your bike without too much modification.

adamrgreenspan

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks! Yeah the hard part will be for him to allow for me to take off his mirror lol hes protective of his new steed but yeah I guess theres really no other way to see how the bracket matches up between the two bikes without taking one and looking at the set up if/hopefully when I get them installed ill post a pic or video of the new addition and ill include instructions on how I do it! I really think it would look great on the bike!!!