• I'm going way past $2,000

Votes: 26 20.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

stryken

Vertically Challenged
Reaction score
Visit site
Just posting in another thread and I commented that I figured most FZ6 enthusiasts will spend $1500 to $2000 on mods for there bikes. I thought I would poll it up and see how true that really is? I have had my bike for 6 months and am in about $400 but I still want front springs and exhaust by sometime next year so that will push me to the $1200 dollar area, and still a few more misc things I want so I can see getting to the $1500 mark in a year or so.

geetarhero

Reaction score
Visit site
Depends what mods are?
are you counting things that are upgradeable, but wearable at the same time such as tires?

im definitely a minimalist; Ive dumped so much cash into my VWs over the years that i LOVE having a vehicle that I can just leave stock and be content with. No high horsepower finicky engine mods, no serious cosmetic work leaving the car undriveable at my shop for days on end and best of all; extra money to put towards more useful things... Like tools!

Ive upgraded tires, put on rim stripes and bought soft saddlebags. Everyything else will be free mods for me.
Good topic

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My mod money has been pretty much for cosmetics and comfort so far. I've had the bike just about a year and am done with the cosmetics. Next winter I will do the suspension and maybe an exhaust. Just going on the forum I get all kinds of ideas and am pretty much impulsive when it comes to my toys. If I want it I get it one way or another. Unfortunutly i'm broke a lot.

Oh well I will just go ride *********:Sport:

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Hmm...I was actually just contemplating how much money I'd spent on mods since I got my '06 almost 3 years ago. Let's see...

Puig Double Bubble windscreen: $65
Puig frame sliders: $65
Givi V46 topcase and mounting rack: $285
Corbin seat: $185 (I absolutely STOLE this from another member...lol)
Powerlet 12v outlet and Battery Tender lead: $55
Rizoma Sportline billet grips: $59
R6 forks and calipers: $250
Garmin Nuvi 200 GPS: $185
RAM mount for GPS: $30
Hyperlites auxiliary brake lights: $75
Yamaha OEM bellypan: $230

Total: $1484

Wow...you were about dead-on with the estimate. And this doesn't include a possible aftermarket exhaust next year or (what I really want) some aftermarket rearsets. And it also doesn't include what it would cost me if I ever decide to take the plunge and do what I really want to do...go naked. As much as I love the FZ1N headlight, though, I just can't see dropping $700 on it. I'm much more likely to take a cheaper route and go with a less-expensive headlight, but something that's still unique and great looking.

Great idea for a thread, BTW!!!

stryken

Vertically Challenged
Reaction score
Visit site
Depends what mods are?
are you counting things that are upgradeable, but wearable at the same time such as tires?

im definitely a minimalist; Ive dumped so much cash into my VWs over the years that i LOVE having a vehicle that I can just leave stock and be content with. No high horsepower finicky engine mods, no serious cosmetic work leaving the car undriveable at my shop for days on end and best of all; extra money to put towards more useful things... Like tools!

Ive upgraded tires, put on rim stripes and bought soft saddlebags. Everyything else will be free mods for me.
Good topic

I consider a mod a change from factory that is not necessary but its just something you wanted on the bike. Not like tires or brake pads unless you sold your perfectly good new ones for different new ones. Yes, I hear you on the tools!!! Nothing better than doing a job and having all the right tools, makes a hard job almost enjoyable..... almost.:D

krushnuts

Where did I put my keys..
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'll eventually go way past $2000, it's inevitable.

+1 to that! I'm sitting on about $1800 at the moment. But, the vision I have for my black beauty is driving my need to work right now!

Last edited:

shuckle

Reaction score
Visit site
$60 for frame sliders.

Don't see much chance of doing anything else. I love the stock look and power.

I like to spend my money on gas.

oh wait, I put in a Cigarette Lighter Adapte thing, so add $10.

bigdog9191999

High-tech Redneck
Reaction score
Visit site
the fz is the apitimy of cheap for me.. got the bike for next to nothing, put 100 to fix (not mod but fix a couple broken things) tires,oil and gas aside i have $0 into actual mods, the scorpians were on the bike and i only paid shipping for the fe that i havent put on yet. i do plan on a 1'' lowering for it and having the seat modded some and some sliders so whatever that will cost will be about all the "mod" money that will be into it..

the tiger however is a little different bought it new (this spring), and have only put pipe and tune on it so far (at the 1000 mile mark ) but plan on engine cage set of bags (not cheap!!!) seat mods, lights, wheel stripesand a few other small things i am sure

so

mods for the fz

cramp buster $10
cortec super 10 tank bag $100

total 110
with about 300 planned in the next couple years

tiger
cramp buster $10
truimph tank bag $120
factory off road pipe and tune $400

total about $550
with about 1200 to 2000 planned in the next year or two

man thats sad, i have more in mods on the tiger than i do in the whole fz.. man i love being cheap.

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
good god, I don't even want to toal how much I've spent on mods but it's now probably close to $3,000 and will go over that once I get a TS seat and Power Commander....

EDIT: YIKES!!! So I went through all my mods on my mod page and totaled it all up.....(drum roll)...$4,906.00 to date (including new tires). What do I win?

Shhhh...don't tell the wife!

Last edited:

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
good god, I don't even want to toal how much I've spent on mods but it's now probably close to $3,000 and will go over that once I get a TS seat and Power Commander....

EDIT: YIKES!!! So I went through all my mods on my mod page and totaled it all up.....(drum roll)...$4,906.00 to date (including new tires). What do I win?

Shhhh...don't tell the wife!

You win the satsifaction that if you put all the left over parts together that were a result of those mods, you probably have a new bike by now!! :)

goker

------------
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I owned mine for year and few days now and I already passed the $2,000 mark. But, they were all good and necessary mods. :Flash:

That's my story and I am sticking to it. ;)

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Oops...I forgot one! How could I forget these???

Pazzo levers: $159

So the total now sits at (without including tires): $1,643 :rockon:

FLuK28

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for this post guys. It makes me realize how much most of you have put into your fz6s to get them where you want to be. It has also helped me in my decision. I believe I may now go with the Triumph Street Triple R instead. It's going to cost me $2,000 more but as I mentioned in another post, it seems that most of you guys are spending around that in mods.

Thanks again

stryken

Vertically Challenged
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for this post guys. It makes me realize how much most of you have put into your fz6s to get them where you want to be. It has also helped me in my decision. I believe I may now go with the Triumph Street Triple R instead. It's going to cost me $2,000 more but as I mentioned in another post, it seems that most of you guys are spending around that in mods.

Thanks again

I don't think getting the triple will exempt you from the addiction of the MOD. It's so innocent the way it starts..... All i need are some frame sliders. The next week ... Well just a cheap fender eliminator as well maybe. The next week... and so on and so on until you say to yourself well I should just buy the net bike up on the food chain, but you never win. I don't think you are allowed to win, money does not like to be saved!:D

stryken

Vertically Challenged
Reaction score
Visit site
YIKES!!! So I went through all my mods on my mod page and totaled it all up.....(drum roll)...$4,906.00 to date (including new tires). What do I win?

$10000+ and counting.....bike is insured for $18000 replacement value....

:eek:

OMG ...... :bow:

OK Wolfman... what were the biggies ??? The wheels were one I'm guessing?

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com

...for a STOCK Tripple.

Part of the whole thing about modding is about making your bike different than all the others in a personal way. I like having a totally different looking FZ6 than anyone elses.