Votes: 26 20.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BranNwebster

The UNO Master
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I can't say I won't but as of right now I'm done. Actually I was just thinking about money today. I'm tired of spending money, on everything, car, truck, computer, electronics, vacations, gas, eating out, I'm tired of the excess of the American dream that I've been living for the past 15 years. It's embarrassing knowing how much money I make and how much I have to show for it. And right now a whole lot of my paycheck goes to bills. I tell you if it weren't for my kids I would live in a dump in a bad neighborhood, simplify my life, and horde money like an ogre.

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Man, BranNwebster, you're echoing EXACTLY how I've been feeling lately about money. I've been taking stock of how much money I'm spending in each pay period (every two weeks) and it's completely embarrassing!!!

The reason for this is that I'm single (but dating the woman I'm going to marry) and I'm about to move in with her next month. It got me to thinking about how I'll have more money because all the bills like utilities will be split (as well as the mortgage) and I'll go from filling my car up once a week to once a month (moving to the same town I work in). So then I started taking stock of what I spend...it SUCKS!

I don't make a great salary, but it's enough to afford to live on my own, own a car and the bike, and still pay my bills. Still, I'm not putting away money like I should be. And seeing how much I've spent over the last 2 1/2 years on mods just depressed me...lol.

But then again, it's just money and the enjoyment I get out of the bike and those mods is more than worth it. So I guess, in the end, it's a trade-off.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I can't say I won't but as of right now I'm done. Actually I was just thinking about money today. I'm tired of spending money, on everything, car, truck, computer, electronics, vacations, gas, eating out, I'm tired of the excess of the American dream that I've been living for the past 15 years. It's embarrassing knowing how much money I make and how much I have to show for it. And right now a whole lot of my paycheck goes to bills. I tell you if it weren't for my kids I would live in a dump in a bad neighborhood, simplify my life, and horde money like an ogre.

Damn! You are a carbon copy of me... :D Mine all goes to bills too and we can never seem to save a lot. We are on a mission to pay off and keep our vehicles as we have never been without car payments. We own her bike outright and we will have mine paid off in short order. All the while, we're nailing big payments on credit cards to kill those balances.

We used to keep 6 mos pay in savings each. Somewhere along the way, we faltered and need to get back to that comfort zone. It doesn't help when I love to spend money. :D

But, thus far for the FZ1:

TS seat = $328.58
Sliders = $23.85
Pod lights = $18.73
Two Bros slip-on = $424.00

Total = $795.16

Still to come, PC V, Autotune, O2 Eliminator, aftermarket air filter, Puig screen, watsen flushies, belly pan, ss brake lines and a stebel horn. Then, I might be happy....

goker

------------
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for this post guys. It makes me realize how much most of you have put into your fz6s to get them where you want to be. It has also helped me in my decision. I believe I may now go with the Triumph Street Triple R instead. It's going to cost me $2,000 more but as I mentioned in another post, it seems that most of you guys are spending around that in mods.

Thanks again

I seriously doubt I would not spend any additional money if I had bought something $2,000 more instead of my FZ6. The way I look at it, I have something exactly the way I want and still spent less than what you will for your Triumph. They are nice bikes, but it still does not have all the additional things I would want on it that I added to my bike. So, I am thinking you are kidding yourself with that particular attitude.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
OMG ...... :bow:

OK Wolfman... what were the biggies ??? The wheels were one I'm guessing?

Wheels! havent even done them yet! apart from getting them polished!

Here's a bit of a list!

TB Titanium exhaust: $1000
Pazzo"s: $350
Valtermoto Rearsets: $500
PCIII: $450
Custom Mapping of PCIII: $250
Puig Bellypan: $500
Yamaha Top Case & Rack: $450
Yamaha Screen: $320
New Indicator surrounds & Radiator covers(metal instead of plastic: $400
Braking Wave Discs (front & rear): $925
Goodridge Braided lines: $440
08 FZ6 forks : $170
05 R6 brake calipers (front): $350
Garmin Nuvi GPS: $350
MCS Drag bars, LED indicators, Carbon Bar ends, Bar end mirrors : $260
Bagter tank bra & bag: $120
New Black Tank: $950
08 Front fender: $270
520 chain & sprocket conversion: $440
Oxford Heated grips: $140
Racetech Gold Valve Emulators & Springs + set up : $450
Ohlins rear Shock: $1250
Polished Wheels: $360
Frame, Axle & Fork Sliders: $360

Total= $11055(Australian).....and this does not include the Ohlins Steering damper, i occasionally steal off Pinky, the 08 seat i have stolen off pinky, and a few other bits and pieces i have taken from pinky....or the Fender eliminator, or a bit of powdercoating, etc!

Yes it's an obsession!

:eek:

Last edited:

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey, Jamie, I thought the "N" in your bike stood for Naked??? Looks like yours are pretty well dressed up!!! :D

stryken

Vertically Challenged
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey, Jamie, I thought the "N" in your bike stood for Naked??? Looks like yours are pretty well dressed up!!! :D

You know beth, you are the reason I added the It's fine just the way it is! in the poll options. :D With the exception of your frame sliders that is.

I am actually very surprised at how many people have chosen way past $2,000. The more I think about our bike the more I like it , it is defiantly a bike for an individual and not a cookie cutter like the so many of the GSXR and other poser models of bikes out there. Don't get me wrong, I know the quality built into those bikes but I think there is a big percentage of buyers that are posing rather than learning. The few people I know with these types of bike ride them and talk about what they want next, no real enjoyment with what they have. There is so much more to the motorcycle experience than a lot of these people realize like a good group of people to chat with all over the world about our shared experience, bike and otherwise.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
OMG ...... :bow:

OK Wolfman... what were the biggies ??? The wheels were one I'm guessing?

You know beth, you are the reason I added the It's fine just the way it is! in the poll options. :D With the exception of your frame sliders that is.

I am actually very surprised at how many people have chosen way past $2,000. The more I think about our bike the more I like it , it is defiantly a bike for an individual and not a cookie cutter like the so many of the GSXR and other poser models of bikes out there. Don't get me wrong, I know the quality built into those bikes but I think there is a big percentage of buyers that are posing rather than learning. The few people I know with these types of bike ride them and talk about what they want next, no real enjoyment with what they have. There is so much more to the motorcycle experience than a lot of these people realize like a good group of people to chat with all over the world about our shared experience, bike and otherwise.

With the money i have spent on my fizzer, i wont be getting rid of it anytime soon.....in fact, i plan to keep it for many many years...i ride the wheels off the thing.....and have put nearly 26000km's on it since purchase....in fact i plan to ride it at least 500km's this weekend!

:thumbup:

FLuK28

Reaction score
Visit site
...for a STOCK Tripple.

Part of the whole thing about modding is about making your bike different than all the others in a personal way. I like having a totally different looking FZ6 than anyone elses.

I seriously doubt I would not spend any additional money if I had bought something $2,000 more instead of my FZ6. The way I look at it, I have something exactly the way I want and still spent less than what you will for your Triumph. They are nice bikes, but it still does not have all the additional things I would want on it that I added to my bike. So, I am thinking you are kidding yourself with that particular attitude.

Don't get me wrong. I do plan on modding. However, I wanted a Street Triple R in the first place. I was looking at the FZ6 because it would have been better for touring with my girl. She told me that she isn't fond of the idea, so I think I will go with what I truly wanted in the first place.
To me the extra $2,000 isn't a whole lot for the added performance and suspension of the Triumph. I like the FZ6 but LOVE the STR!!!

As far as modding goes I plan on making it look similar to this one, minus the rear fender.

Pelicanglider

Citizen of Creola
Reaction score
Visit site
I love touring on a "semi-nekid" motorcycle. I used to own a BMW R1150R, but it after awhile I decided I don't really need the extra heft (550lbs). So I got the FZ6 to lighten up (460lbs) and have added some features the BMW had:

Throttle Meister Cruise Control - $100
12V Power-let socket - $70
Frame Sliders - $60
Corbin seat - $470 (hard to find a used one)
BD43 Headlight Mod - $35
FIAMM Horn - $20
Grip Puppies - $9

Total - $764

I ain't no kid, so my mods are more comfort oriented vs. performance.

goker

------------
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I like the FZ6 but LOVE the STR!!!

What are you waiting for???? Go buy the STR!!! Nice of you to think about your girl, but, really, buy what "you" want and even if she changes her mind about riding with you later in life, you can make one of your "mods" to be extra seat you can use when she is with you. ;)

FLuK28

Reaction score
Visit site
What are you waiting for???? Go buy the STR!!! Nice of you to think about your girl, but, really, buy what "you" want and even if she changes her mind about riding with you later in life, you can make one of your "mods" to be extra seat you can use when she is with you. ;)

Thanks. I wish I could. I have to wait until next spring. Have a lot of school debt to pay down right now. You better believe i will be buying sometime in the new year and probably just storing it at the dealership until the weather allows me to ride.

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Suspension and front brakes - $1,000

Top case w/ rack - $180 (used)

Rear sets - $300

Rear swingarm - $100

15T - $30

Speedo-healer - $95

Not counting what I have for sale...

psnbye

I used to be Jethro
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Are we talking about just the bike or all the extras; jackets, gloves, helmets,etc.? I chose the "around two grand " option. But thats just the bike mods. Theres another 900 or so in protective gear. I guess thats not really mods, but it does show how much we spend on our rides. It really is surprising, and slightly scary. But sooo much fun.

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
Not including consumables.... fork work, Ohlins, Puig.... Including replacement parts from crashing, I have to be right at $1.5K. Luggage I had already, gear I had already.

I'll probably add HID lighting this fall.... figure a couple hundred more.....

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Everyone can receive several free mods.

By fueling up with Regular gas, which the owners manual recommends versus wasting at least 20 cents more per gallon on premium fuel, over the course of your ownership, you have essentially saved that much money.

So far I have 31,000 miles on my bike, and I have used regular grade. A rough estimate of 40mpg, thats approximately 775 gallons of fuel I have consumed, which equates to about $150 in saving vs running on premium grade.

Puig Windscreen $80 Free
Stebel Nautilus Horn $40 Free
Grip Puppies $10 Free

afpreppie04

The Thread Killer
Reaction score
Visit site
I put around 2K. So far all I've done is sliders ($30ish), fender elim ($45ish), flush-mount turn signals ($40ish), K&N if you count that as a mod ($70), and R6 front end swap ($350ish). I bought an R6 triple ($45ish) and CBR1100XX clipons ($90) but took them back off, so I'm not sure if they count towards the budget. Still planning sprocket/chain swap, speedo healer, fairing swap, exhaust, Microsquirt, etc. I have new tires too but those don't count:D

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
£1300 so far (x by 1.5ish for dollars). Someone on Youtube asked me how much I'd spent on the bike recently so I made a little table of it all so far on my website. Pretty depressing.

Still got plans, but luckily not much more! Pretty much just K&N filter, decat pipe on order, new lowering springs, ceramic coating, steel brake lines, powder coating, extending throttle etc cables so I can use risers with my Renthals, replace my scratched sliders, LED lighting, smoked tail-light, MAYBE steering dampener. Repaint in a couple of years.

michael_p

Reaction score
Visit site
mods so far:
Braking Wave Discs, Hel Brake Lines, Motovation Axle Sliders, Yamaha Rollerprotectors, Rimstrips, Clear Taillight, Clear Turnsignals, R&G: FE + Barends, DPM Race Oilcap + Horn Kit, Matris M2 Steering Damper, Pazzo shorty levers, TankSlapper Tank Protector Kit, GPR GPE Exhaust, Modifyed Airbox, PC USB III w. Custommap by FV Motor, Gilles Tooling Rear Sets, Hyperpro Spring Kit.

Future mods:
probably some other front calipers (four-piston), but then I'll need new forks :confused: It will never end :D