Votes: 4 4.8%
  • other, please post type.

Votes: 18 21.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wh0M3

Reaction score
Visit site
I did a search to find out if this one has been done before and didn't find anything so here it goes.

I have been a fan of the Zune ever sense they came out. I haven't been sold on the idea of the iPod becaues I'm not a fan of Quicktime.

Receintly I have received a free iTouch and have been messing around with it. I still don't like iTunes maybe because I have gotten used to the Zune way of doing things. I do like the controls on the iTouch and have been thinking about getting the Zune version of it.

I was wondering what people use on the forum. If your an iPod guy/gal, Zune, or some other brand.

I would consider the iPhone to be a iPod for this poll.

BTW this is my first poll so I hope it works.

wolfe1down

Go hard or go home!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
iPod. I used to have a Zune, and before that a Sony Walkman (the mini disc ones, not the cassette tape ones), and the iPod is so much nicer. I have the 5th Gen (I think - the one with the video camera in it) and it's got a great battery life. My wife got it customized for me; it says "I love it when you turn me on!" :D Subliminal messaging or what??

Popeye70

Reaction score
Visit site
I have an iPhone 3Gs, but I use MediaMonkey to sync my music instead of iTunes. I have a lot of music in FLAC format, and MediaMonkey will auto-recode to mp3 on the fly while transfering the music to the iPhone. MM also supports a lot of different players, so I can also sync my old 256MB mp3 that I use while training.

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
These days I want my phone to do everything - camera, phone, text keyboard, mp3 player, etc. I wouldn't want to carry another electronic device just to listen to music, so I use my phone (ENV3). Pretty happy with it but will probably go with the Droid when my contract renews. and oh yeah, I hate apple for their draconian use of DRM.

Senior

My brother is Junior
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't own an MP3 player . . . . :cheer:

Can't see the point, when I can use my Sony Ericsson phone with an 8 GB card in it . . . ! :thumbup:

Smersh

The Pillaging Tatar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Currently, at iPod nano 4th gen. Before that I've gone through full-size iPod 2nd gen and 5th gen. I also use Blackberry Storm mp3 player quite a bit when i don't have ipod around - sure it's not as fancy and lacks al lthe bells and whistles, but it plays the music. I like iPod controls - gotta give it to Apple - their interface is really well put together.

seb101

Reaction score
Visit site
i'm using two different mp3 players, one of them is Creative Zen 30GB and another one is Creative Muvo Tx (256 or 512). The first one i use mainly for longer trips and other activities while the smaller one for short rides or even for cycling, good thing about the smaller one is that it uses regual AAA battery so you can go on it forever.

ngsm13

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a Sandisk Sansa that I used to use.

But ever since I've been using android phones, no need to have an mp3 player anymore. I currently just use my DroidX with a 16GB microSD in it.

texcollect

Crotchety Old Fart
Reaction score
Visit site
I have an 120Gb iPod classic which I use in both the car (via a wired FM modulator) and on the bike (via a bluetooth dongle).

I also have an iPhone, but prefer the classic since I can control it (play/pause/change track/start Genius) with gloves on through the cover of the map pocket on my tank bag.

novaks47

Yeah!
Reaction score
Visit site
I've got the latest Zune, and love it. I had the previous gen, and loved that one too. The only reason I replaced it, is because it took one too many falls, and died. :( But the new one is even better as far as SQ is concerned. Still one of the best DAP's for bass. Also, the midrange on the newer ones is a bit fuller, more present. The highs are brighter and clearer as well. Hook up some Grado's or some decent buds, and few DAP's can compare, as long as the MP3's are done correctly.

I *highly* recommend heading over to headfi.org, and searching their boards, as there's tons of info there that will help you decide. There's many other DAP's out there, that are on par, if not better than the Zune, and I love the Zune. lol You can never dismiss Cowon. ;)

racing_fan

Not so Junior Member
Reaction score
picasaweb.google.com
I have an HTC Desire Android smartphone as my main mp3 player...but i use an ipod shuffle in the gym...

Dont like itunes though... so i use sharepod to manage the ipod... its brilliant.. turns the ipod into a regular mp3 player u can just drop files on...

ngsm13

Reaction score
Visit site
I've got the latest Zune, and love it. I had the previous gen, and loved that one too. The only reason I replaced it, is because it took one too many falls, and died. :( But the new one is even better as far as SQ is concerned. Still one of the best DAP's for bass. Also, the midrange on the newer ones is a bit fuller, more present. The highs are brighter and clearer as well. Hook up some Grado's or some decent buds, and few DAP's can compare, as long as the MP3's are done correctly.

I *highly* recommend heading over to headfi.org, and searching their boards, as there's tons of info there that will help you decide. There's many other DAP's out there, that are on par, if not better than the Zune, and I love the Zune. lol You can never dismiss Cowon. ;)
<3 headfi!

novaks47

Yeah!
Reaction score
Visit site
<3 headfi!

Haha, that site is so dang addicting! I can sit for hours just reading everyone's differing reviews on the same products. If it weren't for them, I'd still be burning through cash trying different cans forever. Now that I've got my Grado's(primaries, home use), and my Sennheiser earbuds(everything else), I'm all set! Sorry! ---> :hijack:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I dontgenerally listen to music on the bike....but i use an IPhone 4 If the desire does arise!

:thumbup:

S107

Reaction score
Visit site
$40 used / refurb Sansa View. 8Gig and loving it. Holds most of my music and some videos. I have it on my helmet when I ride. VELCRO FTMFW! Have used this setup for years.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have tried to use MP3 players other than Ipods, and always come back to the Pods, have have now had 5 different players and they all sucked in comparison...

DaveOTZ

Reaction score
Visit site
Ive always been an early adaptor... waited forever for the IPHONE... but Ive had most models of IPOD tried some early MP3 players they sucked, didnt love the ZUNE, Blackberry was a lot better a media player than anyone will admit... Sidekick III even did the job just fine... but proper use of ITUNES can make this crap easy and NON-time consuming. The android was great but took too much time to customize and make "my own". I have 80 gigs of music alone, I just cant sit around and make all these playlists. I say for the hardware, for the software and for the convenience, I-Things win... Also, syncing the Iphone 4 to my Scala lets me listen to pandora/XM/Radio/Music/Podcasts with Bluetooth voice controls it is truly the best of all worlds... and for a piece of electrical equipment its dead sexy