My 61 year old mom got a bike!

darius

Never stop exploring
Reaction score
Visit site
She just got her permit two weeks ago and joined the Yamaha family with a TW200, her first night she put 6 miles on it in a parking lot! The next time 7 and then she hit the street and did some local stuff. When she got home her hands were bruised up from the death grip you can't really see it in the pic though, I got a kick out of this. Never to old I guess. Everyone thought she was crazy at first and I'm sure they still do. I told her I would post this "for the guys" so please leave some kind words of encouragement here for her!

Awesome. I took MSF on a TW200. Could be the most fun bike Yamaha makes if you have the right places to take it.

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
Well your mum sure looks younger than 61. Keep it up Mum Recluse:D Kudos to her for the fairly bold decision she took and 'going against the current'.enjoy life and riding

JayyVee

IT Overlord
Reaction score
Visit site
She just got her permit two weeks ago and joined the Yamaha family with a TW200, her first night she put 6 miles on it in a parking lot! The next time 7 and then she hit the street and did some local stuff. When she got home her hands were bruised up from the death grip you can't really see it in the pic though, I got a kick out of this. Never to old I guess. Everyone thought she was crazy at first and I'm sure they still do. I told her I would post this "for the guys" so please leave some kind words of encouragement here for her!

You have got to have a Top-10 coolest grandma ever going on there!

Karate.Snoopy

Reaction score
Visit site
I just want to give her a biiiiiiiiiig hug. My mom turns 60 this April 6, she is a daring often charging female, I might use your mom's pictures to set her on a new adventure. This is very cool.

XTremo

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm 60 next month......so great to see her getting out and doing what she wants.

Most people my age come out with crap like...."I'm too old for this....I'm too old for that" etc.

When I tell them my age they say things like....."Well you've been riding bikes all your life.....and I haven't". What difference does that make? I'm still the same damn age!

It's all bollocks.....what they're really saying is they're either too lazy or don't have the balls to do it!

So you go for it girl.....show the rest of them how it's done! Wrinklies Rock! :rockon: