My baby is gone

littledidiknow

Reaction score
Visit site
So, here goes. I'm hoping to hear from other people that have made it through my recent travesty. I've paid attention to this forum for a long time but just added an active account. So, here goes. My one escape, my outlet, my Narnia was my 2009 FZ6. I bought it used last summer for $6,000. I saved and paid in cash after busting my ass over the course of a few deployments. I love my family tremendously but, my FZ6 was what put all the frustration and difficultly at ease. Well, today it is gone. Some scum bag snagged it last night right from my drive way... I know I know. I forgot to put it back in my garage. I was spraying some paint and didn't want over spray to get on my bike, but I forgot. I left her out and she was stolen. Now, I'm screwed. I paid in full and had liability only. So, I'm out $6,000. As a lowly enlisted military member I will not be able to afford another bike for years to come. So, have any of you had to deal with this? I seriously feel like I was just raped...... and I want blood.

SteveH41

Reaction score
Visit site
So, here goes. I'm hoping to hear from other people that have made it through my recent travesty. I've paid attention to this forum for a long time but just added an active account. So, here goes. My one escape, my outlet, my Narnia was my 2009 FZ6. I bought it used last summer for $6,000. I saved and paid in cash after busting my ass over the course of a few deployments. I love my family tremendously but, my FZ6 was what put all the frustration and difficultly at ease. Well, today it is gone. Some scum bag snagged it last night right from my drive way... I know I know. I forgot to put it back in my garage. I was spraying some paint and didn't want over spray to get on my bike, but I forgot. I left her out and she was stolen. Now, I'm screwed. I paid in full and had liability only. So, I'm out $6,000. As a lowly enlisted military member I will not be able to afford another bike for years to come. So, have any of you had to deal with this? I seriously feel like I was just raped...... and I want blood.

That is so **** bud, I hope whoever took it comes off it in a very horrible manner and ends his/her own pitiful existence in a ball of fire and pain.

:(

littledidiknow

Reaction score
Visit site
liability bro. I know. I screwed up.. One of those, Oh it wont happen to me. $1300 for the year for full coverage or $120/yr for liability. Yeah, I took the (seemingly) cheap option. Lesson learned. Comprehensive insurance will definitely be included in my next motorcycle insurance policy. Whenever that is......

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
I have not had a bike stolen. But I had a car stolen once. A 91 maxima, black with tints and a couple grand into the sound system. I had just moved to Phoenix and on my 4th day here it was gone. I was in the same situation as you, liability only and insufficient savings.

At first I tried to be zen about it and figured if somebody had to steal it then they really needed it more than me. After the hippy new age bull $hit wore off I could not stop dreaming about them dying in a fiery car crash as they were trying to get away. I figured my Maxima would get vengeance for me.

I'm sorry for you man and if I had the extra cash I would get you another bike in a way of respecting your service to the country so I can sit around and hack on a computer and feel bad about some long gone lost $hit.

aussiejules

Elite Member
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
So sorry to hear, i didnt have mine pinched, i sold her and i still miss her. Mistakes in the past are all about learning, as you have said next time you will have comprehensive.

2007Fizzer

Senior rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry for your loss. That really sucks. Hope the authorities eventually find it, and that you'll get it back in reasonably decent condition. And thanks for your service (I did mine too, as a draftee in the 1970's).

FWIW, I have Nationwide insurance on my home, cars and FZ6. The minimum premium on motorcycle policies at Nationwide is apparently $85.00 per year, so my agent provided me with both the minimum liability insurance I actually wanted, plus comprehensive coverage, in order to "get full value out of" the $85.00 minimum premium I had to pay each year. YMMV - I'm a senior rider with a good driving record here in South Central PA, and of course I get a multi-policy discount. My son's just begininng to investigate the benefits of motorcycle ownership, and he's finding that the same type coverage from Allstate is similarly very inexpensive, since he already has his home and auto insurance there.
- - - Jim

Most problems can be solved with a suitable application of throttle.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

First off, thank you for your service.. Nice welcome back, that sucks.

Never lost a bike but my very FIRST car, 1968 Chevelle, was stolen from LI, NY by a tow truck. My neighbors elderly mother watched the truck hook up, thought I was working on the car at 2:00 in the am.. Just had it painted, maroon, Craiger wheels, jacked up, SS hood, replaced the straight 6 with a 327 and a stick shift, buckets, etc...

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That is really rough. I am VERY sorry to hear that.

I don't think you need to go full coverage to get theft insurance. In Canada we have a fire-and-theft addition that costs like an extra hundred bucks for the year but gives you theft coverage.

I've never thought twice about it and always gotten it.

You will get another bike brother. This will make you a stronger person in the end.

yamihoe

Professional test dummy
Reaction score
Visit site
dont give up hope, my friend had his CBR600RR stolen and the police recovered it a month later!:eek: it wasnt completely stripped, just fairings and the stator cover.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That's terrible, man :(

Don't underestimate the joy of riding a really cheap/old bike though! Sure it won't be a nearly new FZ6, but even an old beater will easily put a smile on your face!!

If you're handy, you can pick one up for very little money and fix it up. :thumbup:

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
^+1

2 wheels and a motor will do you good. Forget the shiny ones for the time being.

This is JUST the excuse you needed to go buy a cheapo dual sport and go explore some REAL riding.

:thumbup:

dpaul007

Reaction score
Visit site
Doesn't Comprehensive coverage (not collision) cover theft?

I thought it did...
He didn't have comp.. He was saying he will next time he gets one, though.

I also don't have comp, just straight liability. These things don't happen too often in rural southern MN :) Also, didn't see paying that much $$$ on a "toy" as worth it in my eyes. I'll check on pricing again in the spring.

Definitely sucks, though. I've had a few things stolen, nothing of big value, though luckily. *knocks on wood*

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
BUMMER! That totally sucks. So sorry to hear about your baby being stolen. Well hopefully karma will get them. I like lone's idea. Get a dual sport. Good luck and thanks for doing your service for our country!

Xavias

Shenanigans.
Reaction score
Visit site
He didn't have comp.. He was saying he will next time he gets one, though.

I also don't have comp, just straight liability. These things don't happen too often in rural southern MN :) Also, didn't see paying that much $$$ on a "toy" as worth it in my eyes. I'll check on pricing again in the spring.

Definitely sucks, though. I've had a few things stolen, nothing of big value, though luckily. *knocks on wood*

I was actually just wondering if it does. For me, comp was like an extra $100/year or so, so I consider it worth it. Just in case I drop it in my driveway or something falls on it or something like that.

I paid $450 for a year through progressive for liability, $20k medical, and $500 deductible comp as a 22 year old guy with 2 points on his license (can't wait until those come off next spring..)

Xavias

Shenanigans.
Reaction score
Visit site
Also: I'll likely be selling my 2008 black FZ6 soon if you're going to be looking to buy! (It won't be anywhere NEAR 6,000 I promise!)

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Thank you for serving! Sorry to hear about your loss. I had a Jeep Rubicon stolen a few years ago. It was really clean with low miles and yes, it saw a lot of dirt every chance I got!

Took me about 20 minutes to calm down and stop being pissed. You're okay. Your family is okay. You've been deployed, your home!
The sooner you give up the bike the sooner you'll be smiling and directing your energy toward your new ride or get your FZ back.

Where in Cali Bro? What's your plate number? You never know! We could have the FZ6 Forum APB (All Points Bulletin) Ca. Lic. ******??? :)

We have a lot of eyes if they're stupid enough to ride it with the plate.

I know this sucks but we're glad you're home safe! :rockon:

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That sucks to hear, I'd be really pissed to, for a while.....but then I think about what Karma WILL do to who stole it:thumbup:

EDIT:
Are you insured thru USAA? If not, do so! I have full coverage on the bike, truck, boat, house.....pretty cheap.

Last edited: