my Cop Magnet R1 (still think I'm paranoid?)

S

sportrider

Today was another example of how much attention the R1 attracts.
I was at work, which I showed up at 7:00a.m.( must be stated as part of my alibi, just in case the Fuzz is reading this) at around noon I noticed a bearoplane (CHP airplane) circling the shop. about 5 minutes later a CHP cruiser comes hauling butt into the yard and goes directly to my bike. the "Chippy" gets out of her car and walks over to my bike asking who the rider is. I ask, why? she says she was in a high speed pursuit with a "red" bike and she lost it and said it turned in here. I told her I haven't seen any bikes come through here and "that" one has been parked there since 7:00 in the morning. not believing me she reaches over and feels the exhaust to see if the bike was still hot. after realizing it wasn't she walks back to her car and takes off like she was qualifying for the winter nationals. the plane continued to circle for another 20 minutes. I walked over to my bike, and sat down by it as I always do on my break. with in 5 minutes a sheriff car came in the yard and stopped in front of me asking how long I had been there and if I happened to see any other "bikes" like mine in the area. I said "nope", and he just looked at me and drove off. my guess is the "red-rider" ditched the cops and the bearoplane spotted my bike from the air and assumed I was guilty. needless to say I was paranoid when I got off work so I rode home extra legal like. seems like a huge waste of tax dollars to me. all the resources they used to "try" and catch a speeder.

I hope that rider got away ;)

dickieD

Reaction score
Visit site
lol.. i hope he got away too.. they seem to be giving you the go.. eh.. you better watch your back a lil closer so that they dont get your number.. i would have been outraged and probably cussed out the two cops.. lol.. but thats me.:rockon:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Very entertaining story..........but can you please define the definition of riding "Extra Legal" LOL....

thirty_too

FZ6 Junkie
Reaction score
Visit site
extra legal :rof: well sry to hear that man but maybe u should jsut stick to this..... :mikebike: haha only kidding... you should go back to an fz anyways, it is your own fault i dont feel bad, should of stayed with the fz... but still sry to hear that and i hope that guy got away too

KindredGhost

Reaction score
Visit site
:)

Not to thread jack... but...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNDlf6hA6TY"]YouTube - Retarded Policeman #9: Boobies![/ame]

KG

Last edited by a moderator:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Today was another example of how much attention the R1 attracts.
I was at work, which I showed up at 7:00a.m.( must be stated as part of my alibi, just in case the Fuzz is reading this) at around noon I noticed a bearoplane (CHP airplane) circling the shop. about 5 minutes later a CHP cruiser comes hauling butt into the yard and goes directly to my bike. the \\"Chippy\\" gets out of her car and walks over to my bike asking who the rider is. I ask, why? she says she was in a high speed pursuit with a \\"red\\" bike and she lost it and said it turned in here. I told her I haven't seen any bikes come through here and \\"that\\" one has been parked there since 7:00 in the morning. not believing me she reaches over and feels the exhaust to see if the bike was still hot. after realizing it wasn't she walks back to her car and takes off like she was qualifying for the winter nationals. the plane continued to circle for another 20 minutes. I walked over to my bike, and sat down by it as I always do on my break. with in 5 minutes a sheriff car came in the yard and stopped in front of me asking how long I had been there and if I happened to see any other \\"bikes\\" like mine in the area. I said \\"nope\\", and he just looked at me and drove off. my guess is the \\"red-rider\\" ditched the cops and the bearoplane spotted my bike from the air and assumed I was guilty. needless to say I was paranoid when I got off work so I rode home extra legal like. seems like a huge waste of tax dollars to me. all the resources they used to \\"try\\" and catch a speeder.

I hope that rider got away ;)
Thats what ya get for buying the faster red one lol. Now sell it and get a proper bike lol ! 2009 FZ6 would be a good choice..........

Nelly

fast blue one

The number of the beast
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
seems like a huge waste of tax dollars to me. all the resources they used to \"try\" and catch a speeder.

If it was just for a speeder then you're absoloutely right. Are you sure it wasn't something like the one Vegas Rider reported where the guy who died was a fleeing felony suspect.

keira

Mrs. Reiobard
Reaction score
Visit site
sadly I am not surprised to hear that your R1 attracts so much attention. Time to go back to the fz....

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
glad that you didn't have to run to the store real quick before the police showed up, I wonder what they would have done if the exhaust was hot?

dako81

FZ Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yea, what a waste of tax dollars. But they have to have something to do right? Instead of solving real crimes like theft and homocide, they have to chase after speeders, cause that's more exciting...right?

Now maybe if the person on the bike had just killed someone, they could have followed him to get the information from the bike (plate ##) and then stopped to avoid hurting an innocent bystander in an accident then sent someone to their house and wait for them, or just followed them with the plane until they stop and then send a close by cop there, but no, they've got to chase them, which makes them go faster, and endanger more people...

Sosu2211

Super Furry Animal
Reaction score
Visit site
Heh doesn't surprise me at all tbh. :(

I think we forget that the huge difference we see in the bikes of various brands, are just not noticed by the majority of people. An R1 is a GSX-R is a CBR600RR is a Ducati... When asked to describe a bike they saw, they will say the majority color, and that it had 2 wheels!

Always hells in terms of identification when a witness to something says they saw a 'red bike' in a chase or the like... it could range from a scooter to a Ducati 1098... In a a car you have Supermini, SUV, sedan, hatch, estate, truck, 4x4, you name it.

It sucks, but what I used to do when I had the GSX-R, was park the bike under a CCTV system... or where you knew there was a CCTV system inside a building. If anything happened, and you got accused of anything, you can just get them to watch the tape back, and it proves your bike was where you say it was, when you say it was :D

Kilbane83

Member With Members
Reaction score
Visit site
That's pretty crappy. Talk about guilty until proven innocent. Would have been amusing if the exhaust was hot though and the cop got a handful of it heh. Not quite like putting your hand on the hood of a car :thumbup:

damnpoor

Reaction score
Visit site
Yea, what a waste of tax dollars. But they have to have something to do right? Instead of solving real crimes like theft and homocide, they have to chase after speeders, cause that's more exciting...right?

Now maybe if the person on the bike had just killed someone, they could have followed him to get the information from the bike (plate ##) and then stopped to avoid hurting an innocent bystander in an accident then sent someone to their house and wait for them, or just followed them with the plane until they stop and then send a close by cop there, but no, they've got to chase them, which makes them go faster, and endanger more people...

When you're on an R1 there's no way any CHP cruiser can get close enough to see a plate # (assuming he even had one showing).

There are divisions who do nothing but solve murders and there are divisions who do nothing but patrol the highways. You can't talk **** against the people who are assigned to the highway division and are patrolling the highways just like their job description says they're supposed to do.

It is called the California Highway Patrol after all.

Last edited:

idanny

Reaction score
www.minutehound.com
If you think the r1 is bad. I started to drive a vette. Thats a real magnet, if you are going the speed everyone else is going they will single you out.

Cuba

Reaction score
Visit site
When you're on an R1 there's no way any CHP cruiser can get close enough to see a plate # (assuming he even had one showing).

There are divisions who do nothing but solve murders and there are divisions who do nothing but patrol the highways. You can't talk **** against the people who are assigned to the highway division and are patrolling the highways just like their job description says they're supposed to do.

It is called the California Highway Patrol after all.

I would have to agree here. Since traffic deaths are still the #1 killer of young people (FAR ahead of any violent crimes) I would argue that they ARE doing something more important. I hate to be the devils advocate here but an out of control driver or biker is far more likely to kill you or your family members than a burgler/rapist/gang member/drug dealer.

That being said I certainly hope this phantom red biker did something serious enough to warrant coordinated air and ground support. Sorry this happened to you, I know how it feels!!! Rediculous!!!

idanny

Reaction score
www.minutehound.com
I would have to agree here. Since traffic deaths are still the #1 killer of young people (FAR ahead of any violent crimes) I would argue that they ARE doing something more important. I hate to be the devils advocate here but an out of control driver or biker is far more likely to kill you or your family members than a burgler/rapist/gang member/drug dealer.

That being said I certainly hope this phantom red biker did something serious enough to warrant coordinated air and ground support. Sorry this happened to you, I know how it feels!!! Rediculous!!!

Yes but sometimes police single you out because of what you drive or ride. Which is wrong if anything they are screwing up the flow of traffic.

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Not to threadjack, but I'm curious to know how much more it costs to insure an R1 vs an FZ6 here in SoCal?

I too think the new R1s are damn hot!