I searched Google image for "Delkevic Fz1" and was disturbed by the results:

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
since you're likely moving on anyway, might as well throw the anchor back on and tinker around with this one while it's off the bike to get a better assessment. good luck! let me know if you need any help (and by "help", i mean help holding your beer). :D
I'll help by drinking your beer while you are holding his:BLAA:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
SS Scorps DON'T require ANY RE-packing, ever, but aren't cheap.

IMO, sound great too W/O the DB killers

Thanks for the reminder, Scott! I did a bit of research to refresh my memory and sure enough.. lifetime warranty and no repacking!!

Just slightly more expensive than Yosh I was going to go with, which would require repacking every 7.5k.

Scorp ordered :D

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the reminder, Scott! I did a bit of research to refresh my memory and sure enough.. lifetime warranty and no repacking!!

Just slightly more expensive than Yosh I was going to go with, which would require repacking every 7.5k.

Scorp ordered :D

I think you'll be very happy with the Scorps, I have absolutly no regrets five years later.

Haven't touched them since I installed them (short of washing) :)

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I think you'll be very happy with the Scorps, I have absolutly no regrets five years later.

Haven't touched them since I installed them (short of washing) :)

I don't doubt that I'll be happy with it. It was on my list of many and the warranty/reliability thing made it an easy choice! Thanks again :thumbup:

beatle

Reaction score
Visit site
Agree on the Scorpions. I picked up a used set of stainless cans at the beginning of the season and I have put about 4k miles on them so far. They still look and sound great.

4drfocus

Rurouni
Reaction score
Visit site
That's suprising cause I have Delkevic's carbon 8 inch moto gp can for the R6 mounted on the FZ6, I've had it for just over 2 years now with no problems, the FZ throws flames out over 10k rpm too, heck I had an officer pull me over here in Osaka last night, not for speeding, but for flames out the exhaust, he thought I had fuel problems, he was afraid I was leaking fuel onto the road :rolleyes:

Heat didn't cause the carbon to fail, carbon is cured at over 2000F, I suspect a bad batch of fiberglass, it'll burn brown, then charred black and smell weird, if you find a dark section with a funky smell, then yeah it burned out, may not be Delkevic's fault though, they could have bought a bad batch of fiberglass, food for thought, oh and don't put your nose too close to the fiberglass.....

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That's suprising cause I have Delkevic's carbon 8 inch moto gp can for the R6 mounted on the FZ6, I've had it for just over 2 years now with no problems, the FZ throws flames out over 10k rpm too, heck I had an officer pull me over here in Osaka last night, not for speeding, but for flames out the exhaust, he thought I had fuel problems, he was afraid I was leaking fuel onto the road :rolleyes:

Heat didn't cause the carbon to fail, carbon is cured at over 2000F, I suspect a bad batch of fiberglass, it'll burn brown, then charred black and smell weird, if you find a dark section with a funky smell, then yeah it burned out, may not be Delkevic's fault though, they could have bought a bad batch of fiberglass, food for thought, oh and don't put your nose too close to the fiberglass.....

Interesting stuff. How many miles did you do in 2 years? I think it's more mileage than age related.

Marthy

Reaction score
Visit site
Agree with the carbon aspect; However, the resin in carbon fiber can not handle the same temps.

Can't wait to see the Scorpion Erci!

Here you go... repacking help keeping the heat from hitting the CF. The fact that the can split at the seams explain that the "glue" gave up.

It's fixable... but for $180.00 it might be cheaper to get a new one, at the least... it's new again! :BLAA:

I tried some El Cheapo CF can too. I melted the resin within the first 50 miles near the outlet. My buddy who tested it on his FZ8 mushroom it twice as bad as this one here within the first 100 miles or so. He had wrap tape over his exhaust on top of that... :spank:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Finally pulled the can off. Check it out (can see the perforated inner pipe in last pic)

tajp.jpg

5k78.jpg

sjwa.jpg