My FZ packed up and ready for the trip to Netherlands

IndyFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Just thought I would post a couple pics of my baby in the process of being packed for her trip the The Netherlands. The crating folks did a great job tying down, padding , blocking and bracing everything. Pic quality stinks as they were taken on my phone.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow, please keep up posted throughout. I'm very interested on how much it cost to ship your bike there and back, and what kind of permit or license you need to get your bike registered to ride over there.

One day, I would like to do the same.

nivag

Reaction score
Visit site
I'd add a block under the rear tire and fold in the mirrors.

Personally I would of removed the mirrors and screen, then you can make the box smaller and hopefully save a but on the volume weight when shipping.

Anyhoo good luck.

Are you making it to England?

IndyFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I won't be able to let you guys know how much it costs as work is paying for it. :rockon: They did fold in the mirrors before adding the sides and top of the box. It is a work move for 3-6 years. It was sad to see her packed up, but they did a good job. I'll keep everyone posted.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'd toss a set of tires in the crate it might be cheaper and easier to get a set here.

Another item to declare but not a bad idea. At least leave here with a fresh set installed.

Are you putting your gear in the box as well? Did you have to drain the fuel and oil entirely or are you allowed to have a limited quantity?