My, oh my...it's dilemma time!

@TroyW

Hello,
I hear more than once, that the crank/offset of the original handlebar makes problems for some people. The previous owner of my bike had a LSL A01 handlebar mounted. Like the upper on in the picture. Is is just a liddle wider and not cranked so much and has a much more natural hand-layout.
For some reasons I changed back to the original handlebar and I had some problem with my hand with the original handlebar.
So the crank of the original handbar is a litte problem.
Maybe just try to mount a flat one like the LSL A01 or the FZ1 one.

Lenker1.JPG

BR Robert

I initally put a 1" riser (Gen Mar) on my 07 nand that helped alot... Being about 5'8" it wasn't quite enough so I ended up ordering a Gen Mar riser that goes up 1" and back 1 3/8". The risers don't look bad and is much more relaxed. No more leaning forward... I also put the foam grip covers over the grips and just sent out my seat to Spencers customs seats (in Florida) for some better padding (softer-not Gel). He also does modifications if needed, very reasonable... http://greatdaytoride.com/Home_Page.php . I'm 50 and can't do the leaning forward thing. With these risers, its about the same as my FJR with 1" risers.... I can do a 500 mile day without a problem.... For a $100 investment, I think its worth a try. You can always re-sell them if it isn't good enough for you....

Hey guys, you're all great. I'm going to give this the ol' college try.
I just put some nice gel grips on, and also ordered up the FZ1 bars and a set of vibration reducing bar ends. I sat between an FZ6r and an FZ1 at the dealer after work today, and I do agree that the FZ1 bar feels much more natural.
I hope this works! I'm really hoping, and being optimistic. I want to LOVE this bike...even though after sitting on the FZ1 for a while, I probably should have just spent the extra couple k dollars and got that. Maybe. HA!

UPDATE: Grips didn't do much. Right wrist feels like a knife going through it. I hope the FZ1 bar
does it. If not, I'm in for a bad time. Never know 'til you try though. Great bike otherwise.

- T.

Last edited:
Back