Need your opinion

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I need your independent opinion on this...
Which angle?

Recorded from the front fairing -
http://youtu.be/HB_SoX35UEY

Recorded from the helmet -
http://youtu.be/Qe5ceCXUGmI

PS, don't mind the quality, it's better on my laptop for some reason

I think I prefer the bike mounted position. Both are excellent recordings without any blurriness. Did you mount the camera under the triple tree or?

Beautiful country where you are BTW... 3 or 4 cars in that entire video, jssz, I see that down here inside one or two minutes tops...

2wheelieadv

Reaction score
Visit site
I think I prefer the bike mounted position. Both are excellent recordings without any blurriness. Did you mount the camera under the triple tree or?

Beautiful country where you are BTW... 3 or 4 cars in that entire video, jssz, I see that down here inside one or two minutes tops...
Thanks.
That's in NW of NJ. All 6xx roads are cool and almost no cars. Yes, on a fender under the 3pl treee

Last edited:

ChanceCoats123

Reaction score
Visit site
I kind of liked the helmet mounted spot better. It sounded like you get more engine noise and less wind noise from that position (and vice versa from the bike mounted). Personally, I thought I could see more from the helmet position.

2wheelieadv

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, I Think for a sport ride, the bike mounting is more dynamic, but for a scenery view maybe the helmet view is better... Dono, still on the fens

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I like both angles if you are making a video for others to watch. The mix of the 2 keep a ride video from getting boring to watch. If I had to pick only one, I would choose the fender position.

Slopeflyer

Reaction score
Visit site
I like the helmet position better. To me the audio sounded cleaner. I like your upper clamp on windshield. What make and model is it and does it help keep the air from getting under the helmet.

2wheelieadv

Reaction score
Visit site
I like the helmet position better. To me the audio sounded cleaner. I like your upper clamp on windshield. What make and model is it and does it help keep the air from getting under the helmet.
Yeah, the helmet position makes it more "personal" IMO.
It's Drift Ghost with an extended mic. As for the air, no influence on getting it under the helmet, although it does get's there on the highways.

Here is another one... I was trying to see where the road (rather a trail) is connected to the road on the other side... but had to turn around :)
https://vimeo.com/104856148

Last edited: