New CSC Motorcycles

payneib

Reaction score
Visit site
Having experienced Chinese motorcycles built without Japanese quality control, I would avoid that like the plague.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

major tom

Reaction score
Visit site
I'd be nice to hear how this would work out reliability wise. I've noticed these too. My first bike was a 250 and for a second (5th actually) bike it would be fun.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't care where they are made, they are selling these bikes brand spanking new with all the bells and whistles for $2900! Assuming you pre-order them. Can't be worse than buying a used bike for around $3k. I need a winter bike, this might be perfect. I would just need to outfit my tires with studs. Can you imagine how cheap they will become once they hit the used market?

payneib

Reaction score
Visit site
You would be much, much better off buying a used bike, especially for winter use.

I'm not saying the Chinese can't make good bikes, they absolutely can, there's a little Chinese made YBR125 sat in my garage that's testament to that.

What I'm saying is, that the Japanese seem to be the only ones who know how to work with Chinese on quality control. There's a glut of Chinese "un-branded" bikes like these hitting the UK at the moment, and they're awful.

They're able to sell a new bike at that price because they've cut corners. Build quality, material choices, quality control are all awful.

Three years ago, I had the same opinion: surely a new bike for £1000 is better than a used one for the same price. I was wrong.

In 6000 miles the engine had eaten itself. The inlet valve tappet had shattered and lodged in the timing chain channel, snapping the chain. Prior to that, it required the valve clearances checking every 1000 miles or it wouldn't idle from cold. The oil drain plug corroded to the sump. The frame rotted. The kick start fell off. The sidestand safety switch fell off.

When the engine died, I got the bike replaced under warranty. An absolute nightmare because dealer support is crap. Once they ship them, they don't care. After about 10,000 miles the engine ate itself again. This time the inlet valve seat had shattered, wrattled around the cylinder, and taken the head off the exhaust valve on the way out. The exhaust valve then impaled itself in to the top of the piston, and the bottom of the head, entirely seizing the engine.

That little YBR I mentioned: I had to replace the speedo cable after it caught a rock. It's at 20,000 miles, has had semi regular oil changes and basic maintenance. It's never had its valves checked. It still runs like a dream.

635247a97db55e668bf6a5d7afd3cff8.jpg

eb663cde74b29d0f09c4b8e339f8ce3b.jpg

7a7fc35ab5cfa4e2a5701f3a508556d4.jpg

I sold that bike on to a friend for £50 as he's an ex bike mechanic and likes projects. It cost him £75 in OEM parts to replace the valve gear, cylinder head and piston. After another 1000 miles the conrod snapped. He replaced the engine for a secondhand one he found in a breakers yard. After another 2000 miles, that seized. He hasn't bothered looking in to it again.

Last edited:

JJS209

Rider / Mechanic
Reaction score
fz6-fazer.gp-bikes.de
I don't care where they are made, they are selling these bikes brand spanking new with all the bells and whistles for $2900! Assuming you pre-order them. Can't be worse than buying a used bike for around $3k. I need a winter bike, this might be perfect. I would just need to outfit my tires with studs. Can you imagine how cheap they will become once they hit the used market?
my fz6 costs about 3000€ used with 10k km.
so you really would prefer that chinese-thing over a used fz6 fazer?
you cant build a decent and save motorcycle for that costs, neither in china.

cheers
jan

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
my fz6 costs about 3000€ used with 10k km.
so you really would prefer that chinese-thing over a used fz6 fazer?
you cant build a decent and save motorcycle for that costs, neither in china.

cheers
jan

Im not choosing this Chinese bike over my FZ, I alteady have a FZ6 that I bought brand new back in 2007. It now has almost 105,000 miles, that's about 170k Kms. It's a proven bike in China, has done the Baja and recently finished a 5000 mile adventure trip out in the western US. The real evaluator will be on how well they hold up to the everyday wear and tear of being used as a police motorcycle in California. That will be a true test. Besides can't be worse than an American built Harley.

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Might as well buy two. One for spare parts. I know that's what my friend did for his daughter on a 100 CC Chinese bike for off road riding. :thumbup:

Throw away society now days. Most Chinese stuff is crap in my estimation any way. Just my two cents worth.

payneib

Reaction score
Visit site
Well that's an absolute pile of rubbish. I didn't have an absolute nightmare living with a Chinese no-brand bike because I'm "motoracist". I had a nightmare living with a Chinese no-brand bike because Chinese no-brand bikes are a nightmare. Like I said, why has the Chinese made, Yamaha branded 125cc in the garage chugged along to 20,000 miles and still going strong, when the Chinese no-brand bike(s) I had didn't even survive half that? Is that because I'm a "motoracist"? Cause it can't be a case of me basing my opinions on different engine sizes and cost: they're the same displacement and the Yamaha cost less.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk