New England Meet in VT - Aug 15th, 2009!!!

keira

Mrs. Reiobard
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the replies all - based on this will follow original proposal - meet 12:45 @ the 1st rest area on 93 in NH. I wasn't planning to eat in Hillsboro but lets meet at the High Tide so people can get a drink/ice cream/use facilities. We'll target being there at about 2:15 PM.

Great, we'll see you there around 2:15. We may already be eating, since dinner won't be til 7ish (when FZ1inNH and wife arrive). Don't think it is too crowded at that time of day :)

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Michele and I will be leaving Dover at about 2pm so we will see you all in VT for dinner. Safe trip all!

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nope. we cannot get out until 1pm, the earliest. If I pack well tonight and get it all ready, I can run home and we can be on our way sooner but hard pressed to get to you guys before you strike for VT. We might find you all along the way if I push it though. ;)

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So, if there's no takers, I'll be leading? Did anyone step forward for sweeper?

I also wanted to let you all know that due to circumstances beyond his control, ant_mb (Anthony) and Kellina, his Lady, will not be able to attend. I will let Anthony explain if he wants to but please respect his privacy and do not ask. I can tell you that he exhausted resources in his attempt but has no control over the situation at this time.

Here's to all of you having a safe journey to VT and an incident-free weekend to follow. See you tomorrow evening!

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I cannot sweep as my GPS is cheap and cannot load the route.

We can hang out at the restaurant in Hillsborough if you will be close behind.

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I cannot sweep as my GPS is cheap and cannot load the route.

We can hang out at the restaurant in Hillsborough if you will be close behind.

We can have you sweep without the GPS. I'll just be sure to treat it like DucDave and stop at each crossroad and await your signal. I hope to have the GPRS radios (14 mile) with me and charged so we can have some comms in the event there is trouble like on the Ribs run. Then, I won't get a ticket running back and forth! :D

Tell you waht, I will give a ring to your cell when we are ready to leave and see what the timing is for me to meet you. I'll have to put in the GPS that location of the meet though.

JohnP

3rd Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the replies all - based on this will follow original proposal - meet 12:45 @ the 1st rest area on 93 in NH. I wasn't planning to eat in Hillsboro but lets meet at the High Tide so people can get a drink/ice cream/use facilities. We'll target being there at about 2:15 PM.

I plan on meeting you at the rest area at 12:45. If for some reason I'm not there by then, just leave with out me.

John

victorb

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't mind sweeping if noone else is up for it. I'm still a newish rider (8k miles in 2 seasons so far) and would probably position myself towards the back of the group anyway. I have an el cheapo GPS too, so I can't load the route, but I can load the crossroads as waypoints; I've done it before and it works well enough.
See you guys tomorrow night!

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
We can have you sweep without the GPS. I'll just be sure to treat it like DucDave and stop at each crossroad and await your signal. I hope to have the GPRS radios (14 mile) with me and charged so we can have some comms in the event there is trouble like on the Ribs run. Then, I won't get a ticket running back and forth! :D

Tell you waht, I will give a ring to your cell when we are ready to leave and see what the timing is for me to meet you. I'll have to put in the GPS that location of the meet though.

Is anyone else using ChatterBox? I have GMRS X1, but can't find my charger... right now it's fully charged but would appreciate borrowing someones charger if they're bringing it. Sorry for the inconvenience.
About the riding pattern, I got my new rubbers on and would like to stay close to tail gunner position 'coz I want to take it easy with the new tyres.
Leaving NJ 11am and expect to be in VT around 5-6pm... just in time for dinner.
See everyone there, and RIDE SAFE.

Ares

segue00

Burrrppppp, aaaaaahhhh
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Were there any takers on meeting up tomorrow? I scanned back but don't think I saw anyone say yes for sure. Let me know - if I'm on my own I won't bother stopping in these same spots

I'll meet you at 12:45 - 1:00 at the first rest stop at Rt93 in NH. If I don't make it at 1:00, don't wait for me.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
ha ha it is funny, everyone on the ride wants to run in the back!

I just figured that since i would most likely be 2-up that i would be a bit slower and should, but i am sure i can keep up with the front runners, even 2-up.

anyone have a 2GB SD card that i can borrow for this trip, I forgot to buy a larger one for my on board camera and it maxes out at 2GB and i only get about 30 minutes out of 1GB...

I have a 4GB MicroSD with an SD adapter as well that i can trade for the day with so you can have 4GB for letting me use 2GB (Sure wish my camera would accept the 4GB... but oh well.

If not then no big deal, i will save the recording time for the famous roads (Tracy rd and/or Rt17)

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My To-Do list for this morning:

1.) Oil Change
2.) Check air pressure(s) in both bikes
3.) check chain tension(s) on both bikes
4.) Lube Chains
5.) Wire up a 12v socket for the GPS
6.) Wire up my HID Hi/Low beam for the high beam side

those are in order, so if i run out of time i can drop the last 1 or 2 items off the list :)

JohnP

3rd Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
ha ha it is funny, everyone on the ride wants to run in the back!

I just figured that since i would most likely be 2-up that i would be a bit slower and should, but i am sure i can keep up with the front runners, even 2-up.

anyone have a 2GB SD card that i can borrow for this trip, I forgot to buy a larger one for my on board camera and it maxes out at 2GB and i only get about 30 minutes out of 1GB...

I have a 4GB MicroSD with an SD adapter as well that i can trade for the day with so you can have 4GB for letting me use 2GB (Sure wish my camera would accept the 4GB... but oh well.

If not then no big deal, i will save the recording time for the famous roads (Tracy rd and/or Rt17)

Rob,

Found my 2gb SD card, its yours for the weekend!

John

Have2BeFree

It's My Bike!
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not sure this is possible but can anyone download the gps route to google map for the rest of us to view?

Have fun everyone! :thumbup: