New England Meet in VT - Aug 15th, 2009!!!

JohnP

3rd Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Visited the Kitzhof Inn today!

I took a little 350 mile spin today, and stopped by the Kitzhof Inn. What a great day for riding! I met the owners, Alison and Simon, who were very nice and more than happy to show me around. They both started riding within the past year. Simon rides a Honda Cruiser and Alison is on a shiny new Triumph T100.

The owner's said we will be outnumbered by the Harley riders, but if more keep signing on, we might give them a run for their money. :Flip:

The Inn is rustic but nice. There is a lounge area with a TV, a BYOB bar with a community fridge, an outside fire pit with lounge chairs and a screen room (I was told bug spray is a necessity in the evening). There is a small but clean and new looking in-ground pool and a dinning area where they serve breakfast. All-in-all I think we will have a good time at the Inn.

Right next door (like 50 yards away), is a bar and pub called the Silo. I ate a $10 cheddar burger (at least 1/2 pound) and fries there for lunch which was decent.

There is also another motorcycle friendly motel less than a mile down the road called "The Gray Ghost Inn" The Gray Ghost Inn - Mount Snow Vermont Bed and Breakfast. If more want to come, this might be a good alternative.

John

Last edited:

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey fellas, a big thanks to JohnP and others who offered to let us bunk with them. I'm definitely going to this meet with my buddy. Just don't alienate him since his bringing his KTM :Flip: hahaha.

Ares

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
He rides an Adventure 950 (orange/blue combo). He's taken it to Canada about three times and swears it's comfortable.

bcityroller

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Visit site
For those that are coming on the ride, at your discretion, you can PM me the following info and I'll combine it into an emergency contact list (that hopefully won't be required). Totally up to you and with the exception of use on this ride your info is totally confidential.

First and Last Name
Cell Phone
Home Phone
Emergency Contact
Emergency Phone
Allergies

Everyone who's PMd info so far is captured on the list - it'll go to print Fri AM before I head out so still time to get included. Less than a week now - how good are the weather guys this far out...

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
He rides an Adventure 950 (orange/blue combo). He's taken it to Canada about three times and swears it's comfortable.

Yeah, i guess he is alright to join us, i was hoping for a Super Duke or the RC8 :drool:

super-duke-battle-bike.jpg

KTM-RC8-1190-1-WHITE.jpg

But I suppose the Adventure will be fine...

bcityroller

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Visit site
Getting closer now - I'm planning on leaving from work (Lynn - just north of Boston) around noon on Fri - anybody somewhat nearby who wants to meet and ride to the inn together? Was thinking I'd try to plan so that I'd get there between 5 and 6, unload and then find food. Let me know

Also if anyone needs the route in GPS exchange format for something other than a Garmin PM me an email address and I'll send along.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Getting closer now - I'm planning on leaving from work (Lynn - just north of Boston) around noon on Fri - anybody somewhat nearby who wants to meet and ride to the inn together? Was thinking I'd try to plan so that I'd get there between 5 and 6, unload and then find food. Let me know

Also if anyone needs the route in GPS exchange format for something other than a Garmin PM me an email address and I'll send along.

What way are you thinking of heading up?

We will be heading out near the time that you will be going by us...

bcityroller

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Visit site
What way are you thinking of heading up?

We will be heading out near the time that you will be going by us...

I had mapped out two ways (one there and one back) - the longer goes pretty close to past you guys based on your location info and I was leaning that way - it was longer of the and I'm prolly better off to get home earlier on Sunday. When I get home I tonight I can post the route up I was thinking.

segue00

Burrrppppp, aaaaaahhhh
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Scott,

I'm coming from North Andover (home, if I take Friday off) or Waltham (work, if I need to work half the day). Either way, I'll be leaving after lunch, 12:30'ish to1'ish. I'd enjoy company going up. Pick a spot to meet.

Greg

keira

Mrs. Reiobard
Reaction score
Visit site
I had mapped out two ways (one there and one back) - the longer goes pretty close to past you guys based on your location info and I was leaning that way - it was longer of the and I'm prolly better off to get home earlier on Sunday. When I get home I tonight I can post the route up I was thinking.

lots of stuff goes right past us....can't wait to see the route, we can probably ride up together, assuming we can get baby set up with babcia in time :)

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Michele and I both took a half day on Friday so we plan on leaving Dover at about 2pm (1pm is quitting time for us because we both start at 9am) We should get there between 6 and 7pm. If you all can wait that long for dinner, we'd be happy to join a group!

bcityroller

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Visit site
Here's how I'm thinking about heading out. Attached GPS in a zip file and an image. It claims to just under 5 hours of riding time (190 mi) from Lynn (my work).

If folks still want to meet here's what I suggest - MA folks meet at the first rest area on 93 after you cross into NH at 12:45 PM. We'll head out from there and stop in Hillsborough for a stretch break at about 2:15 PM give or take. Rob and Keira can hook up with us there as well as any other NH folks who want to - can you guys suggest a good meeting stop? From there we head over to the Kitzhof and we should get there just between 5:30 and 6 pending another break and any unforseen circumstances. Total ride time from rest area - a little over 4 hrs, from Hillsborough ~3 hrs. Who's in?

Last edited:

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
We won't make it to Hillsborough by that time, but we'll be close behind you all. We will be taking Rte 9 from Dover all the way to VT.

victorb

Reaction score
Visit site
I'll be behind you guys.. can't take the afternoon off but I'll leave earlyish, should get me there around 9/10pm.. just in time for a few cold ones hopefully :)

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, i guess he is alright to join us, i was hoping for a Super Duke or the RC8 :drool:

super-duke-battle-bike.jpg

KTM-RC8-1190-1-WHITE.jpg

But I suppose the Adventure will be fine...

Crap, if he had any one of those two, we would be heading to VT. It'll be track time for us...:D

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I will most likely take a day off to get a head start 11am-12pm. Mapquest is giving me a travel time of 4.5hours (best time, also unreal). I'm estimating it'll take us 1-2hours more over Mapquest, with adequate stretch time. Weather appears to be clearing up for VT, only 10% chance of rain with temps in the mid 70's for Friday and about the same for Saturday with no chance of rain. Hopefully it'll stay the same.