New England Meet in VT - Aug 15th, 2009!!!

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This will be a long trip... what time do you all agree on pulling out of the parking lot? Full bellies, PB4UGO, bikes fueled and gear on... 7am? 7:30am? 8am?

I'm ready now! The new TS seat came in already! :steve: And, I'm testing a product for a company on this trip that they are letting me keep too! :D

JohnP

3rd Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This will be a long trip... what time do you all agree on pulling out of the parking lot? Full bellies, PB4UGO, bikes fueled and gear on... 7am? 7:30am? 8am?

I'm ready now! The new TS seat came in already! :steve: And, I'm testing a product for a company on this trip that they are letting me keep too! :D

The room at the Kitzhof includes a full breakfast, so the departure time somewhat depends on when breakfast is served. I'm guessing he won't be serving before 7am, but I could be wrong.

John

bcityroller

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Visit site
The room at the Kitzhof includes a full breakfast, so the departure time somewhat depends on when breakfast is served. I'm guessing he won't be serving before 7am, but I could be wrong.

John

7:30 for breakfast according the website - I vote we hit breakfast then and leave at 8 AM.

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
7:30 for breakfast according the website - I vote we hit breakfast then and leave at 8 AM.

I doubt we'll all be finished by 8am but if you all want their food, we can gather when the last one is done.

Please try and fuel up Friday night unless you want to fuel before breakfast, ok? :D

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I doubt we'll all be finished by 8am but if you all want their food, we can gather when the last one is done.

Please try and fuel up Friday night unless you want to fuel before breakfast, ok? :D

I'm showing up on Saturday with a half tank..... I know how much your pig guzzles and i should be fine :)

JK: Fuel on Friday night...

PS: I vote to eat the breakfast that we pay for with the rooms. We should give them a heads up that we will all be there first thing though.

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm showing up on Saturday with a half tank..... I know how much your pig guzzles and i should be fine :)

JK: Fuel on Friday night...

PS: I vote to eat the breakfast that we pay for with the rooms. We should give them a heads up that we will all be there first thing though.

:rof: I'm going to supplement my tank with this spare tank setup. I'll sub the beer for fuel! Pipe it in and go!

beerhat-772303.jpg

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Does it run warmer or cooler by West Dover??
Weather here in Jersey for departure will be mid 70's with very little chance of rain. Hopefully mother nature keeps it up.

bcityroller

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Visit site
Does it run warmer or cooler by West Dover??
Weather here in Jersey for departure will be mid 70's with very little chance of rain. Hopefully mother nature keeps it up.

According to the forecast a little cooler this weekend but that's not intuitive. West Dover, Rutland, etc all showed 83/84 for Sat/Sun but the more northern spots, Middlebury/Moriah NY are showing ~88 like Tom posted.

bcityroller

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Visit site
Here's how I'm thinking about heading out. Attached GPS in a zip file and an image. It claims to just under 5 hours of riding time (190 mi) from Lynn (my work).

If folks still want to meet here's what I suggest - MA folks meet at the first rest area on 93 after you cross into NH at 12:45 PM. We'll head out from there and stop in Hillsborough for a stretch break at about 2:15 PM give or take. Rob and Keira can hook up with us there as well as any other NH folks who want to - can you guys suggest a good meeting stop? From there we head over to the Kitzhof and we should get there just between 5:30 and 6 pending another break and any unforseen circumstances. Total ride time from rest area - a little over 4 hrs, from Hillsborough ~3 hrs. Who's in?

Were there any takers on meeting up tomorrow? I scanned back but don't think I saw anyone say yes for sure. Let me know - if I'm on my own I won't bother stopping in these same spots

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'll be in shorts, tank and flip flops... ;) Not too hot at all!

under the mesh gear anyway! :rof:

JohnP

3rd Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Were there any takers on meeting up tomorrow? I scanned back but don't think I saw anyone say yes for sure. Let me know - if I'm on my own I won't bother stopping in these same spots

Where are you coming from? I live in Rowley, so we could meet up closer. What time where you thinking of leaving?

John

bcityroller

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Visit site
Where are you coming from? I live in Rowley, so we could meet up closer. What time where you thinking of leaving?

John

I'm leaving from Lynn - if no one else is joining we can meet somewhere on 95 and pick a time. If other folks are joining might as well just meet at the rest area so it's only one stop - f you're thinking what rest area look back at page 16 http://www.600riders.com/forum/usa-northeast/18470-new-england-meet-vt-aug-15th-2009-a-16.html#post242073

tom5796

Fizshizzle
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

I may, if I can get out in time. Stick to your departure schedule from that rest stop and if I'm there, great. Otherwise don't wait and I'll see you in VT. :rockon:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Keira and I are in Hillsborough, NH which is right off of Rt 9 so we would definately be up for riding up with some peeps. when will you all be rolling by?

keira

Mrs. Reiobard
Reaction score
Visit site
Here's how I'm thinking about heading out. Attached GPS in a zip file and an image. It claims to just under 5 hours of riding time (190 mi) from Lynn (my work).

If folks still want to meet here's what I suggest - MA folks meet at the first rest area on 93 after you cross into NH at 12:45 PM. We'll head out from there and stop in Hillsborough for a stretch break at about 2:15 PM give or take. Rob and Keira can hook up with us there as well as any other NH folks who want to - can you guys suggest a good meeting stop? From there we head over to the Kitzhof and we should get there just between 5:30 and 6 pending another break and any unforseen circumstances. Total ride time from rest area - a little over 4 hrs, from Hillsborough ~3 hrs. Who's in?

YES!!!! Definitely.

Sorry, been cat-sitting for my parents and out of the internet world for a few days.

Will you be wanting food at our meeting up in Hillsboro, or just stretch and go?

it looks as though you plan to take 114 to 149. When you get into Hillsboro, there is a big hill and set of lights. If you take a right at these lights, there is a place up on the right called the High Tide Restaurant (about a mile form the center of town, after the Agway). Good food, pretty cheap, and ice cream too.

A little further up on the right, once you go under the highway is a park and ride.

Either place is a good meeting spot, lots of room to find people. Let us know what your thoughts are.

Also, if we need food/bathrooms in the Claremont area, I grew up there and am more than happy to show you all good food or clean bathrooms.

bcityroller

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Visit site

John

I may, if I can get out in time. Stick to your departure schedule from that rest stop and if I'm there, great. Otherwise don't wait and I'll see you in VT. :rockon:

YES!!!! Definitely.

it looks as though you plan to take 114 to 149. When you get into Hillsboro, there is a big hill and set of lights. If you take a right at these lights, there is a place up on the right called the High Tide Restaurant (about a mile form the center of town, after the Agway). Good food, pretty cheap, and ice cream too.

A little further up on the right, once you go under the highway is a park and ride.

Either place is a good meeting spot, lots of room to find people. Let us know what your thoughts are.

Thanks for the replies all - based on this will follow original proposal - meet 12:45 @ the 1st rest area on 93 in NH. I wasn't planning to eat in Hillsboro but lets meet at the High Tide so people can get a drink/ice cream/use facilities. We'll target being there at about 2:15 PM.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
High Tide works for me (Obviously since it is right near my house)

good food and definately not fancy (you order food at a window and eat it on tables on a huge enclosed deck (or you can eat outside on picnic tables...):rockon: